2012 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

n_maher

Post-apocalypse rap: Wow!  Considering today is the end of the world, I'll be leaving it on repeat so that a future generation hears it from below the rubble.  

You are welcome!  I told Todd I wanted to get you "the highest of the high res" in his catalog.  I hope it isn't one you already own.  Cheers, my friend!

Graphical representation of the Chicago Awesomeness.

My favorite FFF Beer

i-GBT9BQN-L.jpg

A FFF I have never tried

i-43jkbQV-L.jpg

A beer that I was not aware of but must be interesting based upon the name

i-TPMLhnB-L.jpg

A beer I have seen here and always wanted to try

i-MmbJ96p-L.jpg

Some cooking needs that were definitely needed as I am currently using olive oil from a large jug from the grocery store.

i-jDsWHLV-L.jpg

i-VKVcdt8-L.jpg

And the gin that I have been looking for in every liquor store in DC because I have seen it used so many times by the Chicago crew and find myself going to the Gin bottles more than anything else at the house

i-GNhxhSL-L.jpg

I am feeling bad that I obviously did not put as much thought into my gift as John did as he really hit the local fare. I could not really find much DC fare that I thought worthwhile.

I hope you like it John as I will certainly enjoy all of my gifts.

Edited by VPI

Jeff, so glad you like it! To be honest, I got all that stuff from two stores within a mile of each other. So don't give me too much credit! But they are some if my faves! I've been a good boy so far and have been able to restrain myself from opening mine. I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

I'm semi-delinquent in my gift giving, arg!  But both exchanges are at least partially in progress despite the queen not sending me her address.  Heh, I have my ways and she'll getting a package early next week, hopefully at least part of which will arrive before Xmas.

Well, I'm even worse.  I couldn't get out to mail things until today (damn job), but refusing the rip-off prices to ship anything quickly, Nate will hopefully be getting a nice New Year's gift, though the gift store lady (my shipping place) told me it might even be after. Oh well.  I hope you still like it.  If not, blame Mike.  It was his rec :)

Oh ...... my ....... god.

This is the most amazingly amazing Scotch. It is so smooth, rich and complex. And the port finish really gives it such a nice touch of sweetness ... just incredible!

Jeff, thank you so much for this. I really love it. You made my holiday.

Edit: Dammit. Now I don't want to brush my teeth. It'll make the awesome flavor go away.

Edited by jvlgato
  • Like 1