Forum Upgrade to Version 3.4

tkam

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if this is a problem with google search, the new forum software or something else.  

Recently, I have had some problem when I search head-case from google (using site:head-case.org) and then click on a link.  I don't know how often this has happened (maybe in the past couple of days?).  It takes me to something like http://url4short.info/a00e9662.  Then I can't get anywhere from that.  It happened on both my computer and the ipad so I don't think it is something on my end (hope not!).  I looked around a bit and this has happened on some other forums.  One place said it was due to Tapatalk being activated? ???

Thought it may be due to the upgrade.  For now, I'll just search directly in HC.

This happened again to me again. Clicked on a link to HC from google and it took me here instead. http://url4short.info/a00e9662

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not certain if its since the last forum update, but embedded videos are no longer showing up on my iPad 4 and iPhone 4. Where there should be videos (or at least some kind of placeholder for them), there are just empty spaces. Both iPad and iPhone are running iOS 6.1.

Oh, and fwiw, I can still see embedded videos on other sites (e.g., local news paper site), but not here.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New update for tapatalk installed - also enabled a serviced called Viglink about a week or so ago.  It's a monetization tool - if it becomes a nuisance or doesn't generate much of anything it'll get turned off.  Should have a fairly decent idea of whether or not it'll stick around by the end of next week.

Can you turn off the VigLink Insert portion of the tool? I don't mind legit links being converted to affiliate links, that's handy. It's the auto-linking of random terms that irks me. It makes it difficult to tell whether someone actually inserted a link or whether it was thrown in by the tool.

• 1 month later...