CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA

MexicanDragon

We would like to announce that the Audio-Video Club Of Atlanta has decided to join us in this venture. We have had a few run ins with this group and it has always been enjoyable. They are thinking about bringing a DIY speaker rig they have worked on a a club reference.

Would you guys be interested in hearing that?

**BRENT**

We would like to announce that the Audio-Video Club Of Atlanta has decided to join us in this venture. We have had a few run ins with this group and it has always been enjoyable. They are thinking about bringing a DIY speaker rig they have worked on a a club reference.

Would you guys be interested in hearing that?

**BRENT**

Sure - they were nice enough to invite us with Tyll.  They're a great bunch.  As long as the speaker is not pumping it out all day and we can hear the headphones. 8)

The meet is now officially CanLanta 2013. Some Mexican thought up the name...

Actually, I was going to ask if someone would be interested in an Atlanta CanJam.  Maybe that's a bridge too far with this, but it seems like most of the guys who did the last one in Chicago are Head-Casers and could tell us how it's done.  It'd be nice to have one in Atlanta in the future.

Edited by TomB

I think canjam as a concept is done, it's now the marketing arm of head-fi, and is just a sponsored section of the RMAF.

You could talk to Tyll about his plans for a conference tho, but I think he's thinking NYC metro first.

OK - CanLanta it is, then.

Nice job, Brent!

Drew is fairly close - that would be cool, too.  Hopefully, Doug will let me show ECP Audio - or maybe he'll come down, too.

Is there anybody I could call this week?

Hey guys,

A few things.  I've been helping out on this meet, but Trav is the man doing the legwork and really putting this together.  At this point, the room is a good size for a few vendors and a lot of personal rigs, but the layout is different from your usual venue (check the pix up above).  Now, there IS another room available, and we would want to know for sure about the name, as it has been advertised as CanLanta (officially).

I'm gonna send out a couple PMs... you guys keep an eye out :)

**BRENT**

Read the PM's - sorry I started this mess, but I was asking about having a CanJam Atlanta in the future.  It was poor timing, though, and I apologize Brent and Trav.  Maybe if we can take notes and use it as a dry run like Brent suggested, but let's stay on track with CanLanta. 

i can probably make this.  i'll likely be in Florida, the week before, for Schneider Family Vacation (Emily's family goes on vacation every year, and takes the kids and spouses of kids with them), and Emily suggested that, since we were going to drive separately from the others anyway, that I drive up to Atlanta for the meet, and she just goes home with her parents.   is there a place i can crash?  i ain't gonna have a ton of cash...  i'll have knives and cookware with me (the Family vacation always rents a house, so that's the kinda stuff i will be traveling with), so i'm happy to cook in exchange for accommodations.

MD would love that

I'm not sure about a place to stay, but I'm sure that can be figured out a little closer to time.  We're used to having one long day in Atlanta, not a typical "Travel Team" meet, so we'll have to step up our game some.

Trav, can you talk to the place about some special "convention rates"?  I need to message Tom_Hankins.  I'm interested to see if his listening room has been tweaked any since I was last there :)

**BRENT**

Reks, you'll have to make biscuits.  It's the entry fee.