CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA

MexicanDragon

I'll probably make it a long trip and come in on Thursday and leave on Monday. I will most likely make hotel reservations this week but I have to hold off on plane tickets to make sure Peter's soccer tournaments do not get in the way.

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 1

is anybody going to be at CanLanta who would be willing to swap an opamp in my phono pre for me?  the opamp is soldered to the board, and i can't find my solder sucker, and with the tremor i have in my right hand i don't feel comfortable using a braid to remove the old solder (last time i did so, i ended up bridging traces, and it was a pain).  i swapped out the PSU for a regulated unit (just had to change the barrel), and that's a plenty good upgrade to hold me until the meet.

I can bring my soldering gear and give it a go.  If it's an SOIC-8 opamp, no sweat - assuming one can get to it.  I'd have to see it in person to be sure, though.

I remember pabbi mentioning a few years ago about having a DIY-section for a meet.  Without sounding presumptious, maybe we could do something like that - build an amp or DAC during the day, or something similar. 8)

Edited by TomB

Well, it seems the AVCOA is going to back out, as they're wanting to do a DIY event themselves, and it seems ours is already kinda full.  (Edit: Back out of doing the speaker/DIY rig, not back out of having members show up... they will.)

I'm not sure how we could pull off both simultaneously, but if that's in the cards, would you guys be in?

Locals, I know you can do both, but for the out of towners?

John M, I know you're following this, if the above is interesting to you, e-mail Trav and me, we'll talk.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

Shelly you have until April 13th to reserve your room with the discount. Mention you are attending CanLanta 2013 for the discount. Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks, Trav

Trav, I think everyone is wanting to know if the rate is good for more than just Friday and Saturday nights.  I think Shelly is wanting to leave out Monday, so she'd need a Sunday night room as well.  Jim needs one for Thursday along with Sunday, I think.  I'm not sure about others, but it's always possible they'd need it too.

**BRENT**

FYI, on the website you can only get the discount price for coming in on the 3rd and leaving the 4th. Any other dates and it says the discount price is not available for those dates and will not let you reserve anything. No Biggy, I am just going to call them tomorrow or Thursday and make my reservations over the telly.

Ok good news. Looks like a discounted rate is possible for more than 1 night. What I need from each of you is how many nights you will be staying. The sooner the better of course. You all have shown the most interest and committed early so Im going to do all I can. Thanks, Trav

• Like 1