Megatron Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier

kevin gilmore

Those are not isolated diodes so it will explode quite spectacularly. 

Same bridge is used. 

Yes, I think that was already covered somewhere in this thread or the KGSSHV thread.

But could he not go about isolating them with some Kapton? Would not be pretty and would need to ensure it stayed in place from a mechanical perspective. Obviously the correct parts would be the best approach.

Thats because its a typo and should be stth512fp

Just to double-check...these are the same diodes found in the old PSU (STTH1210D), you're saying we can't use these anymore? A quick google search doesn't yield anything meaningful for stth512fb

While we're at it, can we still use the KBU* part for the new psu's LV bridge (vs RS402L)?

Edited by insanity

Wondering how everyone else is coming along with their Megatron build?

I'm getting jittery waiting for the call that the rest of my items have arrived. This is my first tube project so was hoping for more info before I plonk everything in and power it all up :P

power and filament transformer arriving from sumr this weekend, should be able to finish (finally). Going to try the input stage with AC first, but I have a Millet Regulator lying around as well.

Mundorf supreme leads are too thick for the wima spots, for anyone that was curious

Just did a power-on test with everything on the floor. It powers up nicely! :D

Left it running for about 10 mins... no sparks and all... pretty stoked! Late over here now... will do the sound test tomorrow - going to have trouble focusing tomorrow!

Offset/bias didn't go above 3.5V for the time I had it up running.

Some night pictures:

58WrWMu.jpg

PNcd4Q9.jpg

Edited by RiStaR
  • Like 1

[Just did a power-on test with everything on the floor. It powers up nicely! :D

Left it running for about 10 mins... no sparks and all... pretty stoked! Late over here now... will do the sound test tomorrow - going to have trouble focusing tomorrow!

Offset/bias didn't go above 3.5V for the time I had it up running.]

Mama Mia ! :0

Edited by eggil