Megatron Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier

kevin gilmore

Had a few requests for this...

In terms of a drilling template for the Megatron. I don't have CAD or anything, but this is the jpeg I did out for the drilling of my chassis. I'm not sure if it's useful to the rest of you but it's the closest I have. For the rest who have already built one, if you have something much more accurate, please share it.  :)

oyzV5v5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Your work looks great. I particularly  like the way you've handled the heatsinks and the chassis in general.

My only criticism is that you can still work on the wire dress a bit.  My projects always look like a mess at first pass. It usually takes me three revisions before I'm satisfied, and even then, there's always things you would change if you did the project a second time.  It helps to wait a few days before each revision.  Putting the project aside for a while clears your mind and gives you a fresh perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys. i have followed this thread for long and almost finished my megatron. But something bad happened. I have to pay for my dental payment and never have time to finish it. I have to sell my half-finshed megatron includes tubes. I posted the classified here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/738271/for-sale-el34-12au7-12ax7-and-transformers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few PCB sets available for this amp, US $75 plus shipping.  The boards were made by PCBnet in the US, 0.093" thick with 4 Oz copper.  The set is three PCBs (Megatron amp board, KGSSHV PSU board and one Stax jack PCB).  To be clear, this is not the latest Megatron that Kevin posted on Oct 22nd.  These were made two weeks before. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

I read it several times and this trhead but there is some information that I did not understand (for my poor english).

EL34 pentode or triode configuration are?

There is autobias circuit for the el34?

What is the role of C1, C2, C6 anc C8?

Thanks at all and thank to kevin for his work!

The 6V volt filament is in AC?

There is many version of universal psu that have 300V out?

there is a version of the psu that has the output to 300V? the universal psu has a 'input to 75V AC and then you go to add to -450V, getting a -510V. you can not modifacare that to have the 300V output?

Sorry for the newbie queston!