Megatron Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier

kevin gilmore

What monster 12AU7's are those?

yep telefunken e80cc. requires 2x the 12au7 filament current, so I'm more or less banking on the antek to be able to supply ~20% more than the official rating.This is still in line with what they write on their site. Also happy to report that there's no issue running the mains wiring alongside the HV lines in the umbilical

I wonder if there's a 12ax7 equivalent to the e80cc

I'm having a few problems getting the extension shaft to line up with the pot, is there such a thing as a flexible extension shaft?

I'm having a few problems getting the extension shaft to line up with the pot, is there such a thing as a flexible extension shaft?

Something like this, perhaps?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l2632.R2.TR2.TRC1.A0.H1.Xflexible+shaft+coupler.TRS0&_nkw=flexible+shaft+coupler&_sacat=92074

I wonder if there's a 12ax7 equivalent to the e80cc

No sure if I understand your question correctly. The original Telefunken made two 12AX7 equivalents, ECC83 and ECC803S. ECC803S has a different physical construction than the 12AX7 and ECC83. IIRC, it has an extra getter and looks similar to 6DJ8. They are extremely rare and pricy now. I read somewhere the ECC803S were built for early computer applications and are guranteed for section to section match. Edited by mwl168

No sure if I understand your question correctly. The original Telefunken made two 12AX7 equivalents, ECC83 and ECC803S. ECC803S has a different physical construction than the 12AX7 and ECC83. IIRC, it has an extra getter and looks similar to 6DJ8. They are extremely rare and pricy now. I read somewhere the ECC803S were built for early computer applications and are guranteed for section to section match.

I'm aware of the ecc equivalents I was just wondering if there were any larger, similar tubes ala 12au7 <-> e80cc