Official Hockey Thread - 2013 Edition

skullguise

I read about that, hadn't seen it yet.  Much love for Chicago!  They also posted an amazing page after the marathon bombings, proclaiming they were the Chicago Celtics, Chicago Bruins, Chicago Patriots, and Chicago Red Sox.

There's a good parallel between the cities' hockey teams.  Owners who were stingy, and the teams didn't go too far too often (Chicago had it much worse IMO).  But then I believe the sons got involved, and some of the pride and true desire to win came back.  Now, both teams are perennial contenders, and just put on one of the objectively best series in recent memory.

Even though Jeremy Jacobs is still the owner and mainly in control in Boston, his son Charlie's involvement heralded a slight attitude adjustment.  Between that and the salary cap so apparently desired, hockey became a priority again in Boston.  The attitude before our GM Peter Chiarelli was hired was one of "putting out a competitive team."  I don't think we as fans EVER heard the phrase "we want the cup."

So thanks to Chicago, to the team and ownership, and looking forward to next season!

• 3 months later...