Official Hockey Thread - 2013 Edition

skullguise

Ottawa and Montreal game was intense last night!  Only saw parts of it, and some highlights.  Old Tyme Hockey!

I watched the highlights.  Awesome. 

Great Rangers-Caps game tonight.  Close series but I think the Caps' offense is just too much for the Rangers, who are looking scrappy but a little slow.  So disappointed in Rick Nash, who got too used to being the best player on a bad team.  He's waiting for everything to come to him, no aggression, never using his size and that ridiculous reach.  Nice assist tonight, maybe that's the start of something.

Man, Vokoun can be a killer when he is on.....remember he's stolen many a game.

Watched some of it last night, Isles were getting some good pressure and shots, but Vokoun played positionally well and controlled rebounds (or the D cleared it) well.

Meanwhile, Montreal - after a great turnaround season - got pushed (almost literally, they were all but beaten down) out by the Senators.  If Pitt wins, they face Ottawa; that could be a scary matchup, the way Ottawa plays.

I'll be at the Bruins game tonight, vendor offered me one iof the tickets to their luxury box :dance: Hope the Bruins can close out Toronto tonight!

ok, because I'm old school. I'd love for the Rangers to get by the Caps (sorry Dan and maybe Dusty), and, since the Habs are out, I'll root for the Penguins to reach the East final where the Broons (after a 4-2 beat down of the Rangers) will survive a 4-3 series vs the Pens to reach the finals vs (anyone surprised?) the Hawks.

No question that will go seven, and the last an OT victory by my beloved B's.  

Who's with me on this trip?  Nate, Ian, Todd, Haj, Adrian?  Be great to bring the cup back to Boston, and hoist it at Patriots opener, Celtics opener, Sox opener, and, most significantly, the 2014 Marathon.

That's my dream, and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah, can't really agree with that Dan......

But yeah, if the games/teams align like they are seeming to, our bet is on again.....

PS - Gene, interesting scenario played out.  Wouldn't mind that myself.  But I'm starting to think the Penguins might have a tough time with Ottawa if they beat the Isles....

Edited by skullguise

Yeah, can't really agree with that Dan......

But yeah, if the games/teams align like they are seeming to, our bet is on again.....

PS - Gene, interesting scenario played out.  Wouldn't mind that myself.  But I'm starting to think the Penguins might have a tough time with Ottawa if they beat the Isles....

One thing I learned in Hockey its never over till its over!

Isles aren't dead yet,neither are the rangers :laugh: