Microsoft Surface Pro WTF

^Those are ok but nothing like drawing/writing on a real tablet.  Plus they are too bulky when you add in an extra computer.  I have a couple of the Intuos3 and they just sit around unused.  

I waiting to see what comes out this year with Haswell chips.  The Samsung Ativ Q looks pretty interesting but maybe too large/bulky.  I would rather have a slate (detachable keyboard).  I also have little use for touch/multitouch but I suppose I am stuck with that at this point. 

Wacom is supposed to announce a tablet pc this summer (maybe Aug 20th?).  That should be interesting if it isn't too pricey.

• 1 month later...

Just pre-ordered the Surface Pro 2.  Haswell + 8gb of RAM option sealed the deal deal for me.   Wacom Cintiq Companion is just stupid.   It weighs over 4lbs without the stand, and is way overpriced for how big and fugly it is.   If they allow the Android version to be used as a stand alone Cintiq bit not the Windows 8 Version that costs over 2 grand?  Fail.   Oh and yeah, who wants to spend $1700 on an Android tablet?   You're better off getting a Cintiq 13HD tablet for $1000 and buying a Nexus 7 and duct  taping it to it. 

I was looking at the surface pro 2 to run foobar to my dac (as well as some light computing tasks) when I heard it supposed to be silent, but I believe the new one still sports a similar chassis (if not the same) and most likely a fan.

I've used the touch cover and it feels alright as long as you're not typing anything meaningful.

Upgraded my wife's surface to 8.1 which is a nice improvement. Made me want this even more.

I called and the brick and mortar Microsoft Store and it is also sold out until December. Fuck.

That said I am now thinking that there is no point in keeping my pre-order for 2 months from now. Probably going to cancel the keyboard at least so I don't have that sitting around for 6 weeks.

Edit: I talked to Mircrosoft Store support who assured me that the keyboard would ship with the device but I recieved a shipping notice for the keyboard today... WTF indeed. I guess the only other option is the Sony Viao Tap 11 which isn't quite as good or pretty so I'll stick with my 7 week wait.

Edited by Dreadhead

If you look at how much I have spent on bike crap you'll understand. I get to use pretty powerful computers at work and all I use home PCs for is photos, music and web browsing.

Our oldest machine is a Dell Inspiron 9100 over 12 Years old (2 power supplies, 1 battery, 1 PATA hard drive, dvd drive, and replacement ballast for the back light). Runs windows 7 like a champ. The newest is a $700 Dell laptop that I bought for use as an audio host 6 years ago.