Formula 1 Thread

ironbut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw that!

Scary stuff when the chopper is put to use.

Could be some concussion protocol (and since Fernando has no recollection of the crash,..).

Here in the states, NFL athletes and head injuries have become big issues these days. Hopefully all other sports learn from their mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

While I hope our Spanish friend is wrong, I fear he is correct. Ferrari might pick up a race here or there, same for Williams. McLaren, by my guess are on a two year learning curve with Honda so I don't expect to see them do a whole lot this year. This f'd up current formula needs to change. I liked the talk of the 1000 HP cars but it seems doubtful we'll see them next year, if ever.

But will I still watch? Hell yes.

• Like 1

Do school girls get excited about F1?

That's the voice of the New Ironbut.

Gone are the days that I worried about the fine details of an analogy.

From now on I post like it's my last,..

or not?

So lets just say I'm ready to piss my pink lace knickers!

Let's race!

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

I can't imagine having more mixed feelings about the race and all the surrounding news.

That issue with Sauber and the "3" drivers, the Swiss and the Aussie courts was just about as wacky as it gets. 

On the other hand ( I'm sure that moneys crossed the right palms), having those two cars up on the charts was awesome.

And considering how many cars fell in the DNF column, Button bringing his ride home was almost heroic.

Not unlike many races in any given year, there were plenty of great duals happening back in the pack (if you could call it that).

And we were lucky enough to have a tv crew that let us see that. Man,.. what a difference those guys in the broadcast truck make (editing on the fly for a world wide feed, no pressure here!).

Except for Kimi's pit stops, Ferrari looked revitalized and it was actually a pleasure to watch Vettel get to the podium.

To finish it off, it was cool to see how star struck Lewis was when Arnold showed up to interview the winners.

It was about as crazy as it gets but I gotta say I enjoyed the hell out of it!

I actually watched the race yesterday when I determined that the last stage of the Paris-Nice cycling race was not recorded or available on demand for some mysterious reason.  I can't say that I'm a convert -- and I imagine other races have more tension and drama other than the epic number of fails -- but it was cool to see a 17 yo kid racing (even if he had to abandon)!

Was happy with the outcome - and enjoyed most of the race. I was happy to see Ferrari in the fight (sorry Fernando was not around).

we will see if some teams can user their 'points' to upgrade a bit. Bring the fight back during the season.

Way to many cars out of the race. I was hoping for Button to get a point for just surviving (11th).

cheers

Probably just a threat but I kinda doubt that things are turning out the way the FIA had hoped for with these new engines (IMHO the FIA totally have their collective heads up their asses!).

Out of all the teams, Red Bull is probably the most likely to follow up on that threat. They have so many things they sponsor it's crazy.

I stumbled across this the other day;

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com

Having both of the Red Bull teams out would have huge consequences to F1 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I guess I have to dine on some crow. Before the race I told Debbie that Vettel was on the front row only because it was wet in Q3. And I've dissed the Italians, thinking they could only manufacture chaos. Well, I take it back. It appears they might be for real. It's early days, and they may not be this good on some tracks, but we may have a championship on our hands. And today, Ferrari gave Vettel what he needed - a car that could compete. Vettel then gave Ferrari what the team needed - a hard fought win followed by gallons of emotion and excitement. That will only help both of them fight harder, I'd guess.

And my doubts were even further erased by Kimi finishing 4th. Without his puncture, it very well could have been a Ferrari 1-2. 

I be smiling!

Really fun race!

Those 2 rookies should be putting a fire under the seats of any driver who isn't giving it 110%!

What a difference a season of sucking exhaust fumes did for Vettel!

I have to admit that I was totally rooting for the kid the whole race (so I guess the year did me some good too).

Poor Alonzo. But like I've said before, he has nothing to prove. No current driver is more respected and loved. I just hope McLaren get their shit together quickly.

That race really bodes well for the season even if Bernie and the FIA are competing for the upper class twit award like never before (loosing the German GP is insane IMHO).

• 1 month later...