Need help deciding on Vitamix model to buy

tyrion

I did a search and saw a few of you have these.  Vicki, the model you picked up from QVC may be the way to go but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.  There are so many models and variables.  I would like to keep it around $400 or a bit more.  It looks like the CIA on Amazon Prime is close or the same to the QVC model, so leaning that way.  Gail is going through withdrawals since our blender died over the weekend.

We bought a reconditioned 5200 model directly from Vitamix - it saved us some money and reconditioned ones still come with same warranty (7 years in this case).  We've had ours for ~2.5 years with no issues and we use ours frequently.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

• 1 year later...

The variable speed is nice because it means you don't have stuff shooting out the top. I'm not sure what the difference in speeds are in the 2-speed but I like the variable to be able to throw it on low to break up big chunks and then slowly bring it up to top speed.

A refurb variable looks to be about $330 fyi.

I did a search and saw a few of you have these.  Vicki, the model you picked up from QVC may be the way to go but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.  There are so many models and variables.  I would like to keep it around $400 or a bit more.  It looks like the CIA on Amazon Prime is close or the same to the QVC model, so leaning that way.  Gail is going through withdrawals since our blender died over the weekend.

My favorite HC language highlighted.  I have the 750 and while it was pretty expensive and more than I'll ever need, there is a definite pleasure and satisfaction in knowing that I can pulverize whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want.

Nice for sauces, too.

• Like 1

Noticed the following on slickdeals 

Vitamix.com has a few of their Certified Refurbished Blenders (5200 Series or 6300 Series) on sale. Shipping is free when you follow the instructions below. Thanks ring, Pretzel & mikedmv

1. Click here to activate free shipping
  2. Add one of the following blenders to cart:
  3. Enter 25% off coupon code 07-0103-01-01 for the 5200 Series or 07-0103-01-02 for the 6300 Series
  4. Total should be the following:
    • 5200 Series
      • $329 - 25% discount = $246.75 with free shipping
    • 6300 Series (Red or Platinum)
      • $349 - 25% discount = $261.75 with free shipping

https://slickdeals.net/f/7479874-vitamix-refurbished-blenders-6300-series-262-5200-series-247-free-shipping

Looks like both are variable speed

Certified Refurbished Blenders seems to mean "Backed by a 5-year full warranty and 30-day guarantee"

5200 new on amazon  $473

6300 new on Amazon $610

Slickdeals coments threads talks about "black dust" issues - looks like its PTFE/Teflon from the seals, so be aware, 

but it looks like Vitamix customer service is on the case at least

• Like 1