Bombs exploded at Boston Marathon

skullguise

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine.  She's a nurse and was at the marathon.  She had left early and was on the train when the bombs went off.  She got a bunch of texts from friends asking her if she was alright.  She's fine of course, but given that she used to be an ER nurse she's now upset that she wasn't around to help.

Wow.  The explosion happened right outside of the office of a woman I know.  She's fine, but severely rattled.

Ground-level video of the explostion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXLgDGh9Ws

The New York Post reported that Boston PD said they have a Saudi national in custody, but the Boston Police are refuting that.  This is supposedly a photo of a suspect in custody:

07x8sYk.jpg

There was an interview with one of the morning radio DJ's, he lives in one of the buildings close to the first explosion.  He remarked on the incredible people who were actually running IN to the smoke-filled area to help, while so many others were running out.

So far, 8 reported as critical in local hospitals, praying for them and anyone else hurt.....

This has just sickened me.  Within seconds of finding out I called one of my oldest friends. She ran it two years ago, and has many friends who were there today. They all finished earlier, and are safe.

I feel so bad for these people.  Has anyone else heard about ball-bearings in the bomb(s)? I heard that from one person, but no news sources yet.

**BRENT**

My folks have run this a few times, and I've been at the finish... It's such an amazing atmosphere. And I had two friends running today, both of whom had already finished and were thankfully away from the finish area, as were others I know who live a few blocks away and were not there at the time. I'm sickened by this, and my thoughts are with those who were injured, killed and their families.

Brent -- I didn't hear ball bearings, but I did hear glass -- also, the placement lends itself to shrapnel-by-proximity.

Obviously a terrorist attack -- the venue was not only chosen for its large collection of people in one place, but the mood-darkening aspect of such an attack at such an event, and the fact that it would almost definitely be documented.  The only question remains is who is responsible, domestic/foreign, individual/organization, etc.  But very carefully thought out whichever way it goes.