DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

You should really cover it in techflex. You could totally like charge twice as much if you did. And don't forget name brand logo heat shrink in an illegible font. That's how the really cool kids roll.

That'd be some big ass techflex! Can I use some fishnet stalkings and call it techflex?

dockit3432x428ri5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap that looks friggin' sweet!

I'm gonna have to turn my rack around now, so people can see that beauty!

The fiberglass sleeving is gorgeous, and looks to be exactly the right size. Was it difficult to get it over the cable?

Nice! For my next project I decided to go w/ dual 4-pin Amphenol's. >:D

sweet. I really, really like the 14-pin silver Amphenol connectors I'm using for my electrostatic amps. I am now doing an external DC heater supply for a number of different applications and decided to use the new high current Neutrik connectors. I have some very heavy gauge cable (12awg x 4) that I'm looking to use:

starquad.jpg

The cable I used for the above is an 8-conductor, each with multiple sized UP-OCC copper conductors. These are twisted around a center polyethylene core then housed in a rubber sheathing. I've starting liking to "build you own cable" using the Neotech cable products of late. Quite nice.

I am now doing an external DC heater supply for a number of different applications and decided to use the new high current Neutrik connectors.

Ooooh, I hadn't seen those. I smell a custom power cable in my near future.

I have some very heavy gauge cable (12awg x 4) that I'm looking to use:
I tend to use pretty generic stuff in my power cables, usually sourced from the local big box store. I'll have to look more closely at the VH audio stuff and Neotech for my current project which will have a 10A heater.

[edit]scratch Neotech off my list, any company that makes bulk cable that costs $300 a foot is bonkers.