DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Banged out some quick and dirty mini/RCA cables last night to use with my Headroom Millett.

Components:

Neutrik NYS231B Mini Plug

Canare L-4E6S Mic Cable

Radioshack Heatshrink *bling*

Canare F-09 RCAs

Total Construction Cost = $10 and will nuke any Monster mini/RCA cable :)

small.jpg

small.jpg

Sound pretty good so far.

Nate

Nate, for "bangin'" those out, they look pretty damn good...

Thanks man, they took about 45 min. each to build so either I'm getting better at cables or my standards are getting lower ;D.

Also, do you have a clear heatshrink over the two channels after they split?
On the blue / blue-white cable one pair is in fact covered with clear shrink. I was just messing with the different types/colors that I had on hand since I didn't really care how they looked. So that cable has blue shrink on one side, clear on the other. As far as lessons learned goes I don't think I'll be using the clear any time soon as a single layer cover. The stuff that I have is very thin and I don't think it'll stand the test of time very well. In comparison the red, white and blue that I used on the other parts of the cable is quite nice.

Nate

20awg Teflon coated copper Senn cable for my Balanced Reference due in Friday... just in time for my to leave for Spring Break :(

Sleeving is Reflexive flex for the main part of the cable and Carbon look flex for the ysplits. I used a barrel of a mini plugs for the ysplit to the XLR connectors. I opted to not use one on the Senn connector end to cut down on bulk and weight. Oh and its litz braided...

th_EASennXLR5.jpg th_EASennXLR4.jpg th_EASennXLR3.jpg th_EASennXLR2.jpg th_EASennXLR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...