Difference between etymotic er4p and er4s?

recstar24

I have been rocking the 4s many years now...

The only think that I don't know from the website is...

Accuracy Score
4B (92%) 4S (92%) 4P (86%) 4PT (86%)

I don't know what an Accuracy Score is.. but S has more Accuracies in it...

Cool - I believe I'm better off just getting a cheap adaptor off of eBay vs the one sold by etymotic, yes?

Damn, I just bought the Ety P->S convertor from headroom, should have gone for the knockoff.  Love the Etys* (love the JH13 more though) and recommend them all the time.  I really wish they would make a better cable and earpiece though. 

*Also, I should mention that I don't love the ER6i but they aren't too bad and I am recommended them to many many people.  

I have an older style 4s and while I really like them, they are so microphonic I wish I and the newer one with twisted cables. No issues with earpiece, though, after I discovered they make small tri-flanges.

Have you tried looping the cables over your ears? 

^ +1

I haven't touched my ER-4Seses since I got my JH-13ses. And then I got JH-16ses. And that shit was FreqPhased. And the FreqPhasing was good...but I digress.

I did purchase two pairs of the ER-4S, back in the day--I lost one pair, then bought another to replace them. They were my first high-end headphones. Shit. I want to listen to them now...wait, I mean they were my second pair of nice headphones. After the 580s.

The er4s' came in, listened to a few tracks. I like! Tonally the first thing to come to mind was hd800, which I find to be somewhat lean but I didn't think the er4s as being bright on first listen. I did get a nice seal and the bass albeit somewhat lighter than my shure se535 was quick tight and punchy. Treble is fantastic, very smooth, no etch. The level of detail was pretty impressive, again great retrieval and didn't sound bright to me.

Driving with a pico power, these things like their juice! Medium gain with iPhone headphone out on full, I was close to 11 I clock. The pairing sounded great.

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to er4s/pit for the first time last week at tokyo headphone and realized I could have owned a good / small iem a long time ago. I haven't followed iems much until just very recently (somehow the great inner fidelity article on ciems has got me interested again ;) ) but the er4p sounded just as good if not better than my previous sonys (xba3) and current shure (se315) out of the iphone. It's no jh13 but at the price (was told around 150usd in japan atm) it's a steel!

Originally posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663501/tokyo-fujiya-avic-spring-may-2013-impressions#post_9430214