CanLanta 2013

MexicanDragon

First I want to thanks Trav and Brent for organize this great event and also happy a late birthday to Brent!!  It was great meeting everybody but I had to break away from the gang just before 10:00 p.m. due to daddy duties.  Really wish I can stay a little longer.   ^-^  Thanks for making the trip everyone!  ;D  :dance:

Trav & His Lovely Significant Other

IMG_5932_zpse754bcaa.jpg

The Meet

IMG_5905_zps00d53479.jpg

Meet a wonderful JH Audio crew

IMG_5908_zpsb922e2a1.jpg

Justin was there

IMG_5906_zps02f0810d.jpg

New C/IEMs Alternative: Aurisonics

IMG_5915_zps62c33698.jpg

My setup and a little DAC Shoot Out:  Matrix X-Sabre vs. W4S DAC-2

IMG_5920_zpsb125210d.jpg

The Three of Us:  Me, Justin, and Brent

IMG_5923_zps64bb7698.jpg

Group Shot Less Fitz, Jacob, & JH Audio Girl

IMG_5925_zpsc34a7cef.jpg

"The Gang and a lovely JH Audio Girl"

IMG_5930_zps9e323204.jpg

The Gang @ The Hankins

IMG_5933_zpsf1d78947.jpg

The Hankins Wonderful Sounding System

IMG_5934_zpsbc78e661.jpg

I thought I had a picture of TomB's wonderful DIY selections.  Sorry Tom.  Check his site out though.

Edited by purk

Hey, it looks like I started a new thread! Magic.

So it's like 3:30am, and I'm keeping CanLanta going by listening to the Matrix -> AriPower -> R10s @ Tom_Hankins' place. Tom, you're a saint for putting up with the Sunday after party that's on hour 11 right now.

It was great event, even if Jacob brought flooding with him up from Florida. :)

I'm about to pass out, but it was great seeing old friends and meeting people I've talked to for years, but hadn't gotten to meet in person. Good times.

Trav, you did a great job, man. Next time it'll be even bigger!  I didn't get a head count, but over the course of the long day, we had probably a solid 40+ that MEANT to show up, and a few furries from the other meet at the hotel. I think some HC/HFers found a new hobby!

**BRENT**

Great meeting everybody, and thanks to all who set the meet up! When round two at my house happens we WILL have the Spectron amp set up so we dont have to sweat when listening to music. ;)

Brent just rolled out, Purk is coming back after work for a little more listening before he packs it all up for home.

You must be a saint for putting up with Brent for so long, let alone the rest of the crew.  You might want to wish Purk an early happy birthday -- his is tomorrow where the weekend birthday biscuit boy's big day isn't until the 23rd!  ;)

One of the advantages of being an accomplished asshole (that would be me) is I'm the one people have to put up with. :)

I would never forget my No.1 sons Birthday! My wife reminds me.

One of the advantages of being an accomplished asshole (that would be me) is I'm the one people have to put up with. :)

I would never forget my No.1 sons Birthday! My wife reminds me.

Thanks Tom!! Al, Tom was indeed a saint for putting up with us until 3:00 a.m. Of course, by 1:00 a.m. he already crashed and had a snooze fest while we were troubleshooting our system. Thank to Lyra and Tom for their generosity.

Huge thanks to Tom and Lyra for everything! I just got home and I'm about to take a nap. Tom and I listened to the speaker rig for what, a couple hours? Good times!

I had to stop and take a nap on the way home. Going to bed at 4am and getting up at 7:30am just doesn't cut it for old guys like me.

Happy early belated b-day, Purk!

**BRENT**

Damn, missed that bit. Curses on the weekend leave rule. Tom's rig still sounded ridiculously good and I may or may not be salivating over it still.

I would definitely say this was an awesome meet, got to meet some legends, hung out with old buddies and got my driving criticized back at me. Had I seen a man in a furry cat suit, this probably would have been too much for me. Big thanks to Trav for setting this up and not just that but going the extra mile. His effort clearly showed and it was a very enjoyable weekend.

Edit: my gear impressions are: Todd's HE-500s sound awesome on my current rig and dammit, I want Qualias now. Not sure if I should laud or curse Purk for having a pair that fit me.

Edited by Emooze

Good meeting you too. I still don't remember the fact that we used to seemingly talk almost daily, for a couple years? Your face when you found out I was Oakleyluvr amused me :)

Yeah... it would have been D600 or bust, and I'd have to sell some Canon gear to get a lens. Actually, I think Dinny is first in line for it, from like, the day I got it :)

**BRENT**

Had another BHSE, 009 and Orpheus comparison tonight, the party never stops in ATL

Thanks for making the comparison possible Fitz!! Brent and I were no match to your keen eyes and troubleshooting prowess.

Edited by purk

Purk got everything out of here around 11:30. Table just doesnt look the same without those two rigs on it. To me, the 009/BH is about as close to perfect as a headphone system can sound. Its combination of resolution, speed, and keeping things smooth and relaxed was best i have heard. Biggest suprise to me was the little Stax system Brent had for $650.00 its a no brainer. getting one for my wife.

Jacob, the quiet vinyl is alot from the BAT gear, running 56 tubes with 72db of gain at the phono is good design. That said, its mainly because of the Audio desk Systeme cleaner. Its my favorite peice of audio gear i have ever owned. It has changed listening to records in a positive way on every record more than anything i have bought before it.

Doing final speaker setup, measuring room, moving any room treatment that needs it a week from weds.  Your all invited back to see if the changes did any good. really enjoyed having every one over.