The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2

spritzer

This amp looks very interesting.  Are there any plans to distribute this more widely?  The old Dynalo was a starter build for many, I'm not sure if they are still available from djgardner with the transistors and all.

Sorry about that, I had the thought of modifying the board so the same one could be setup for L+R instead of just balanced while writing the post.   :-[   Stock it can't be done but I'll see about changing it.  Might just change the board and offer a single ended one as well as I'm not really a fan of cryptic jumpers etc.  It should just have all the parts on the PCB, stuff it and it works. 

Couldn't one just use O+ and IG for SE, and 2 boards still?  Or O+ and IG and O- and IG for 2 SE outputs, one inverted?  Power rails still at 16.4V (or up to 20V IIRC with the old Dynalo), or has it bumped up higher?

The board will always output balanced regardless of the input.  Not really intended for SE but you could just leave the - leg not connected for SE. 

We are not concerned about the distribution as that is up to the people who want to build these.  I have enough boards for my own use but the Gerber's will be available to all.  The parts are all in stock at Mouser so that side is covered. 

PSU is +/-20V. 

The board will always output balanced regardless of the input.  Not really intended for SE but you could just leave the - leg not connected for SE. 

We are not concerned about the distribution as that is up to the people who want to build these.  I have enough boards for my own use but the Gerber's will be available to all.  The parts are all in stock at Mouser so that side is covered. 

PSU is +/-20V. 

Thanks.  Is anyone doing a board run?  I'd like to piggyback on for two pairs.

• 1 month later...

Hi Birgir - Any progress?

I was inspired and took the original version of the board and modified it so the servo is the same as yours. I used a 2uF cap instead of the 10uF. Also lowed the resistor coming from the opamp to 20k.

works well.

now looking at an SMD version. Thinking about the sot23 version. At 15 mA per should support it. Could use the sot223 version instead.

Edited by Kerry

Nope, nothing yet.  Everything was pushed aside for KGSSHV work... :-[

SMD version would be very cool given how bloddy small we could make it.  Hell let's make a portable one which would last for about 5 minutes on a set of batteries.  But what glorious 5 minutes it would be... :laugh:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...