The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2

spritzer

• 3 weeks later...

Those were a GB ang728 and I ran locally. It was supposed to be silver, or grey, or gun metal - at least in our imagination. We ordered something like that. When the factory gave us some pictures of those...Say 30 of those. It's simply too late.:P It was done by accident and I assume it's impossible to reproduce again. I believe something was wrong in that anodizing sink. Who knows. I love them a lot.:D Because of the color, the power indicator is also green.

DSC_6932.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joehpj said:

Those were a GB ang728 and I ran locally. It was supposed to be silver, or grey, or gun metal - at least in our imagination. We ordered something like that. When the factory gave us some pictures of those...Say 30 of those. It's simply too late.:P It was done by accident and I assume it's impossible to reproduce again. I believe something was wrong in that anodizing sink. Who knows. I love them a lot.:D Because of the color, the power indicator is also green.

Heh, OK - as accidents go I think it's a happy one :D

//UFN

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RudeWolf said:

Hey guys! What's the currently approved best solution to cool mini Dynalo transistors? @johnwmclean , did you have much luck with thermal tape?

Options are limited;

1) Use a permanent epoxy/glue and risk not being able to access parts again. 

2) Use non permanent tape/glue and risk the heatsink becoming loose and shorting something.

3) Let em run hot.

I’ve adopted option 3, have measured ~74°C, with an ambient of 24°C after an hour fully cased. Not ideal, but not catastrophic and well within running spec. 

• Like 1