The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2

spritzer

On 7/28/2021 at 11:36 PM, Pars said:

In the US, NAC has the LSK389B in the TO71 for $7.12 ea.

what's their website?

On 7/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, starcat said:

I can get genuine LSK489/LSJ689 in TO-71 6L or SOT-23 6L as well as LSK389/LSJ109 in TO-71 6L. 
Waiting for prices... the LSK389A TO-71 is about 12 Euro the piece.

I'd be interested in LSJ109 in TO-71 6L  I always wanted to hear the LSK389/LSJ109 but missed the boat on the LSJ

On 6/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, starcat said:

Anyone tried the Dynalo Mk2 through-hole with Xicon 273 resistors? All the RN60Ds are 100ppm where the Xicon 273 are 50ppm, 1/2w... and cheaper as well.

I haven't built a dynalo with them but I built several cmoy 's back in the day just to explore resistor sound.  I used Vishay Dale RN60D, Holco H8, and Xicon.  Xicon came in last to my ear so I avoid them if I can.  I also use the IVY III output stage for my DAC and that uses Xicon resistors in it's stock form.  I switched them out for PRP and it was an improvement.  So I have two instances where I didn't like them in the signal path.  But feel free to try, YMMV and nothing ventured nothing gained etc. etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished a set of v1.2 today. An excellent peace of gear! I'd like to thank Mirko and the contributors of the thread for their help (a very thourough source of information!!), dr. Gilmore and Spritzer for the design and instructions.

Full XLR, R38&R39 pots set to 250, w GRLV working on 20.1V (wo the final pot stage). Case, cooling and volume controll still pending.

20220308_222535.jpg

Edited by JGergo
Clarification
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

• what is the latest non-SMD PCB Gerber file? I am looking at the google drive site and I cannot find "kgdynalobalssproduction".
  • - Can someone suggest a case for the Kerry SMD version?
  • what's the recommended  copper thickness for the Kerry SMD version? I'm seeing the posts that suggest it should be a minimum of 2oz 

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are BOMs in the thread, but I've attached one here. There are alternate parts for some items, so check it over before you place an order. You can oftentimes save money by buying in quantity, particularly the SMD resistors (100 isn't unreasonable). The pricing in this isn't accurate as well.

Read thru the thread regarding cases (or search).

ssdynalo-v1-4.xlsx

• Like 1