spritzer

The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2

Pars, the plus is Rean NYS221.  That extra front recess is for a guitar strap.  I think NYS2203 looks nicer.  Mouser got 'em all. 

Yes, standard SMD board.  I moved everything off-board except for the XLR inputs in the back.

^ Yeah I like that one (NYS221). Will have to remember it. The other is a cable connector, not front panel. Thanks!

On 4/10/2018 at 12:30 PM, cspirou said:

i just came across these regulators on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322870941945

much cheaper then the other supplier and I believe comes with a heatsink. If it's pin compatible with the Dynalo Mini then It seems like a great option to the AMB modules.

On 4/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, Pars said:

Those don't look too bad and are a bit cheaper. Not sure about the pot for voltage adjustment; might be better to replace it with fixed resistors if doable.

Here's the negative:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TPS7A3301-Ultralow-noise-LDO-Regulator-3V-33V-Max-1A-Replace-LM337-7905-7912-/322538830904

They do appear to be pin compatible with the mini.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, jose said:

Thanks Pars. I bought both. 

What do you think of these Jose? Had you ever used Amb's?

Thanks!

I only have ebay regulators. They look good and with 20Vdc AND WITHOUT LOAD they worked correctly (as any LM3X7 would do) but I have not yet tested them in any project.

I had thought to use them in a phono preamp (the VSPS) but finally they didn´t work because the size of the preamp's pcb is very small. :wacko:

On 3/25/2016 at 10:35 AM, joehpj said:

Hi, KG

Do you have schematic for this?

Thanks!

12899550_1146955785349906_1191324136_o.jpg

Dredging a little in an old thread, sorry. Has anyone successfully built the bal/unbal converter on the eBay-pcbs shown here? I found pair in a box a few weeks ago and put them together, but they are behaving strangely. I have only done basic troubleshooting for now, but I just want to know if the boards are confirmed OK before I start spending more time on them :)

Thanks Kevin, I think I have the schematic (at least the one that was linked to the post I quoted). I'll go over the boards in more detail and post again if I can't figure out what's wrong.

at one point there was an error on that board, Kevin fixed it

problems were, both outputs stuck on -3V, adjusts only .1v, OP07 servos do nothing, lower LED not lit,

I abandoned it and moved on to a newer version after finding this:

1542932.png

Not 100% sure I see what the problem is (and I am not near the board right now), but that is exactly what I am getting?

for the CCS       power should go through the LED to the base and also to 10k string to other side

not emitter  to resistor string

cut trace at E and connect to base

IF same as your board

make like schematic.......🙂

Thanks Congo, I think that did the trick. Not sure how long it would have taken me to work out on my own what the problem was, so really appreciate the help 😎