New Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium

JFunk

I have recently been playing with the new sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th Anniversary edition

1002809_497605470310978_666560770_n.jpg

Trimmed

I have, since listening to them, pulled them apart to see what other changes they have made.

The headband and cable are pretty much the same as the HD25-1 mk II but they have silver text on the headband and flatter hinged in aluminium to match the earcups.

The cable clamp is now held in place with black t6 screws rather than silver philips screws which makes them a little trickier to pull apart as you can not longer use a standard screwdriver.

Inside, the drivers seem to be identical and have the same impedance but have a different holographic seal on them. The earcups them selves have been milled from a solid block of aluminium rather than being stamped or cast and inside you can see the machine marks. They have recesses inside which are filled with foam damping where as the standard ones do not and they also have the same felt disc of sound absorbing material in there that the old ones do as we so they do have a bit more damping than the original model.

Another improvement they have made is in the pads which feel more like real leather and seal on the ears better - the head pad is also slightly fatter which is nice and adds to the quality feel of them

The cable seems to be the standard 2m steel cable they have used since they went to mk II so further detail may be possible to squeeze from them with a copper, silver  or spc cable upgrade.

Finally they come with a nice zip up case to protect them which is much better than the drawstring bag that the HD25-1 come with as standard

there's a link in my signature. Read it.

I did the classic thing of reading but not taking it all in - can you remove the thread and I will come back with something more relevant and in-keeping with the forum - Loving your work 

Considering you're a MOT over on Head-Fi, the least you could've done was posted that you happen to sell these headphones let alone read the welcome message before posting.

I am not a proper member or the trade - My main job is tinkering with headphones - genuinely did not want to cause offence - I will go back to drooling over amps and make sure I don't post rubbish like this again. Slap on the wrist thoroughly noted