The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

A mutual friend of ours sent me this video of Brent and his family on a ski vacation earlier in the year. Unfortunately unbeknownst to everyone on the mountain, Brent had a quadruple helping of biscuits for breakfast and well... 

Don't go skiing when Brent has had a biscuit.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Sad 1

That is so true. I have no idea what they do when they can't get human.

Over 4000 species of spider, with the Sydney Funnel Web being the most toxic spider on the planet.

140 species of snake, of which 12 can kill you.

I have a friend who lives near the Great Barrier Reef. He was canoeing in a nearby river, and the canoe was attacked by freshwater crocodile trying to get his teeth into my mate. He got away with it, fortunately.

Deaths by shark attack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_shark_attacks_in_Australia mostly by the infamous Great White.

Having said that, in our three weeks in Australia (NSW and Queensland) we saw no spiders, snakes, crocs or sharks. We were bitten by various insects (including ants), and Carole was clearly bitten by a spider; her leg blistered locally, but it is healing fine now two weeks on. No idea what got her.

At least there are no grizzlies in Australia!

• Like 1

Ah yes - that is British stoicism! Big time. It is not so surprising that the audience is largely older people though if you know that Chichester is in the middle of a section of the British South Coast where people tend to go after they retire.

We regularly go to Chichester (not much more than an hour drive), and have seen some stunning plays there. Most recently to see Ian McKellern playing King Lear in the 300-seat Minerva. Going back a few years the amazing production of Hamlet in the same tiny theatre with Patrick Stewart. After Chichester, that went to the West End, then Broadway, and then made into a film. This is from the film version, and is by far the best "Is this a dagger..." soliloquy I've seen.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 1

Meanwhile in the UK

Image may contain: 1 person, text

And here is typical Brexit stupidity. One of the main issues is the Irish border - because Southern Ireland will be in the EU, and Northern Ireland, post Brexit, won't.

I'm sure that the typical Brit thinks of a border crossing with some sort of customs post. But there are 300 road crossings along the border. That is more than every road that links the whole EU with neighboring countries. There are farms and houses which straddle the border (so you come in your front door in post Brexit UK, then walk into your garden and it is in the EU). And that does not count many hundreds of paths that cross the border. So the whole thing becomes smuggler's paradise.

Insanity.

Apart from that it would dissolve the Good Friday Agreement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday_Agreement which was the basis for a lasting peace following decades of sectarian violence.

Merging Ireland would renege on this, and sectarianism would take hold again, really opening Pandora's Box.

It is little wonder that the EU is concerned about the border in Ireland.