The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

Here's the truly ironic thing about that twat Jacob Rees-Mogg. He is massively  in favour of leaving the EU without a deal.

And a few months ago he moves his personal fortune of UKP500M from the UK to a bank in the Republic of Ireland (in other words to the EU).

Because he knows that if we leave without a deal, the UK economy is going down the toilet fast. Bastard. Real bastard cunt fucker.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

PSFW:

I don't understand why the chicken is frozen, are we in a Disney movie?  Why not start at 106 degrees Fahrenheit?

Quite. His calculation does not work anyway, because the majority of any animal is water. So you first of all have to overcome the latent heat of fusion, which is 334J/g. So to take a 1kg frozen chicken at 0C to an unfrozen chicken at 0C takes 334,000 J, which would take 37.5 mega-slaps.

Actually the main calculation is wrong anyway. Assuming his specific heat capacity is correct at 2270 J/kg (pure water would be 4200, so his number seems about right). I  would not cook a chicken to 205C, because it would be a cinder, but leave his assumption in place. So from an unfrozen chicken at 0C to a cooked cinder at 205C would take 2270 x 205 / 0.0089 = 5.2 mega-slaps (not 23 kiloslaps) which would take 60 days at one slap per second.

So the conclusion is 1.2 years to unfreeze the chicken at 60 days to cook it to a cinder (or about 22 days to cook it to 75C, the accepted internal temp of a cooked chicken).

Of course you'd need an artificial hand that was at all times isothermal with the chicken so that no heat (from a hot hand) was transferred to the chicken at any point. And the whole shebang would have to be in a perfectly insulated box.

Apart from those trivial problems...... 

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Wouldn’t his hand cook, too?  Methinks he must incorporate heat dissipation as well.

Hence the need for an artificial hand.

The thermodynamics is really where the thought exercise falls down - a box that is sufficiently insulated so there is no heat flow into or from the chicken via the environment over much greater than one year? A mechanical or electrical coupling into the artificial slapping hand that has no additional heat flow?

I think I'll just keep using the oven:P

• Like 1