The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

Cool Story Bro time.  Get your :kitty: emoticons ready.  Recently Blizzard released the Reforged edition of their 2002 classic, Warcraft III.  It has been an unmitigated disaster, arriving late, failing on all fronts and ruining the original game.  It'd take paragraphs to explain how badly they blundered the Reforged release, so if you're curious, a quick googling will give you more detail.  I was a big fan of Blizzard in the 90s and 00s, but I largely ignored their antics in the 10s.  I did buy StarCraft II when it was on sale, and I played most of the campaign.  Similarly, I bought Destiny 2 at launch, which was the single worst video game purchase I have ever made.  All of this said, Blizzard's screw ups have been of such a magnitude over the last few years it's hard NOT to pay attention.  I've watched probably half a dozen videos on WCII Reforged, so now now YouTube (bless its little algorithmic heart) is suggesting all sorts of WC videos to me.  TL;DR: last night I found out about Asmongold.  He's a self described "professional neckbeard" from Austin, TX who streams World of Warcraft professionally. 

gPsFrFL.png

This is his neckbeard nest.

Don't feel too bad for him, he makes betwee $100,000-$400,000 a year.  Ya, rly.

Who says fencing is a nerdy boring sport? Alex in this video is the Czech Republic Olympic fencer who trained at our club in December and will return to train for the world cup in Anaheim this march.  Alex practices with Lance and kicks his ass regularly.  Despite the Youtube persona Alex is one of the nicest, respectful engaging people you could meet.  He speaks four languages and his side hustle of music is helping fund his training for the Olympics.  I had a great conversation with him at our house discussing his plans for life after the Olympics. When he comes out in March I hope he brings his entourage...

Fencing Can Be Cool...really

BTW, the women in the video really are internationally ranked fencers

No not really.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 2