The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

Augsburger is sus.

In related news, I survived Whamageddon2020!  Just learned it was 00:00 of the 25th, not 26th, so I am feeling great relief and will probably sleep soundly tonight.

Scammers notwithstanding.  I hope he (the real Augsburger) is okay.  Someone want to call him and make sure he's not lying in a ditch somewhere?

• Like 1

An old man lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard - too hard to dig up. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,

I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up the garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.

Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Papa,

Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.

Love, Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire garden without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Papa,

Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances. 

Love you, Vinnie

• Haha 6

Paging DOTU:

GZ2cm8M.jpg

OfOpJol.jpg

aNdluzY.jpg

5EDPQT6.jpg

1gi4Nh3.jpg

axaJ7Th.jpg

jM0W5by.jpg

GwfqM6l.jpg

xUoU1MH.jpg

a6FE25o.jpg

R1LR3vo.jpg

1x4NSQZ.jpg

11DnEFc.jpg

yP9W3zJ.jpg

W4xPpKf.jpg

tcZEsaB.jpg

coQDY5m.jpg

136vJQU.jpg

6bG3ZSt.jpg

Like many kids of the 80s I was a big fan of Voltron and a few years ago I discovered the old Castle of Lions toy in my mum’s attic. This is my attempt at turning it into a functioning computer.

I started this build over 3 and a half years ago, when the CPU and motherboard were new. Since then, despite moving house, having a baby, moving house again interstate, accidentally bending motherboard pins, having 1 RAM stick fail, almost burning down the castle, overhauling the storage from SSDs to M.2s, losing parts in the mail, and a global pandemic... it is finally finished.

See PCPP link for full details on the build and parts - https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/mY7TwP

This project is what got me interested in PC modding and I’ve learnt a ton of stuff throughout the process of building and experimenting. A lot of thanks goes to the PCMR community and plenty of other subs for the endless inspiration.

Sitting at my desk, reaching over to flick open the Lion’s head, pressing the power switch, and seeing the castle come alive… is satisfying beyond words. Full battlestation pics coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1