The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

re: ^

While not as creative., Why not DIY?

A new meme generator lets you drop Bernie Sanders and his chair around the world

except, that now it's cost its author too much from google 

"Hi! If you're here, it's probably because you want to put bernie in a place. Unfortunately, the google maps API costs have spiked overnight, and I cannot afford to keep the site running (and am unable to pay what google billed me when I woke up this morning!) If you'd like it back, you can donate here and I'll make sure to put it back online when I can afford to do so!
Help keep this site alive!"

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/22242998/bernie-meme-generator-sanders-sitting-chair-inauguration

The sublime Joni Mitchell, now age 77. Currently releasing her unheard back catalog on CD and records.

Before lockdown we went to see Graham Nash in concert; In his words "a night of recollections and music", and it was clear he has never really got over breaking up with her after two years of living together way back. And the regret has defined his music ever since.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely don't know what to make of this video.  Bret Weinstein is a very smart dude, but he regularly goes into all sorts of kooky shit that I have great trouble stomaching.  He was involved in some academic kerfuffle a number of years ago that brought him international attention and several appearances on the Joe Rogan podcast (such that it is.)  His wife is also a very smart lady, but I know little about her.  Bret's brother Eric, OTOH,  is spooky smart.  He's one of those guys that is visibly brilliant.  I was sufficiently fascinated by what Eric said in a couple instances to extract the audio from YT clips and turn them into samples to play back on my radio show.  (Eric is not in this video.)  Bill Maher is the most Boomer Ass Boomer from Boomerstan.  Bill is like a parody of every insult, jibe and accusation that younger generations throw at Baby Boomers.  I don't know anyone on the left, right or center who can stand him.  Bill is at least as out of his depth understanding this subject as I am.  As I said, I have no idea what to make of this video.  I'm going to fall back on healthy skepticism.

18 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

I genuinely don't know what to make of this video.  Bret Weinstein is a very smart dude, but he regularly goes into all sorts of kooky shit that I have great trouble stomaching.  He was involved in some academic kerfuffle a number of years ago that brought him international attention and several appearances on the Joe Rogan podcast (such that it is.)  His wife is also a very smart lady, but I know little about her.  Bret's brother Eric, OTOH,  is spooky smart.  He's one of those guys that is visibly brilliant.  I was sufficiently fascinated by what Eric said in a couple instances to extract the audio from YT clips and turn them into samples to play back on my radio show.  (Eric is not in this video.)  Bill Maher is the most Boomer Ass Boomer from Boomerstan.  Bill is like a parody of every insult, jibe and accusation that younger generations throw at Baby Boomers.  I don't know anyone on the left, right or center who can stand him.  Bill is at least as out of his depth understanding this subject as I am.  As I said, I have no idea what to make of this video.  I'm going to fall back on healthy skepticism.

For what it's worth, I don't know how Maher, relatively benign faults though he has (though liked or disliked), remotely ranks on the danger/batshit crazy areas Weinstein and Heying often hit, especially outside their specialities (though I guess their specialities since Evergreen have been what?..."free speech", "identity politics", "gender", "popular culture", and everything else?) Maybe they're mutating though as this is the first time I've seen them go three minutes straight without spiraling out to kookyland, as you mentioned. They really are smart Jordan Petersons and that's not a compliment. But yeah, Maher sounds especially out of his element here. Not sure from the info, if this episode was caused by a few recent popular articles, but here's one - https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/coronavirus-lab-escape-theory.html 

• Thanks 1