The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

An electrical horror story, from an Amazon page for a UK mains plug https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08M97WNB5?ref=em_1p_6_ti&ref_=pe_1229541_586024421&th=1

Part way down there is a how to wire it series of pictures. Live and neutral are the wrong way round. There are bare copper strands sticking out of the neutral (the one that incorrectly has the brown wire), and similarly the blue wire. And the cord grip doesn't secure the insulating jacket. In fact it contravenes just about every safety standard.

• Sad 3

Full disclosure: I don't 100% recommend watching this:

Linus Tech Tips is an infotainment machine.  A force like none other on the YouTubes.  They have some sponsorship deal where each staff member gets a $5000 (CDN) tech upgrade.  This guy's was the most Head-Case of any of them.  A previous guy had a Leica with a vintage Noctilux, which was pretty cool.  (Yes, he was Asian, don't stereotype at me.) 

From Katharine Hepburn’s 1981 interview with Barbara Walters: 

Hepburn: “I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man…I’ve just done what I damn well wanted to and I made enough money to support myself. And I ain’t afraid of being alone.”

Walters: “Is that why also you wear pants?”

Hepburn: “No, I just wore pants because they’re comfortable.”

Walters: “Do you ever wear a skirt, by the way?”

Hepburn: “I have one.”

Walters: “You have one.”

Hepburn: “I’ll wear it to your funeral.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3