The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

4 hours ago, mikeymad said:

ah canadians... also, I am not sure why YouTube recommended this to me. :huh:

As for the vinegar thing...as a kid, we had a hockey trip down to North Dakota to play against some 'merican teams. One of our adults, slightly inebriated, almost got into a fight at McDonalds because he wanted some "fucking vinegar for my fucking fries!"

As an adult, I concur with his taste.

• Haha 2

This quote had me laughing this morning… Bezos is like your mum’s leathery third boyfriend after her divorce, while Musk is your maths tutor who won the Powerball lottery. Zero overlap.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/29/the-smartest-person-in-any-room-anywhere-in-defence-of-elon-musk-by-douglas-coupland

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, blessingx said:

This quote had me laughing this morning… Bezos is like your mum’s leathery third boyfriend after her divorce, while Musk is your maths tutor who won the Powerball lottery. Zero overlap.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/29/the-smartest-person-in-any-room-anywhere-in-defence-of-elon-musk-by-douglas-coupland

That's a great article, and great snippet, except one thing that I simply cannot abide: and the “Tesla in space” thing was cringey.

Nope. Nuh-uh. Not even a little. The Tesla in space was the best thing I ever saw. The whole Falcon Heavy launch that day, with the synchronised side-booster touchdown, the red sports car floating above the earth...... easily the most giddy-excited I've ever been about anything STEM, ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ktm said:

as seen at the supermarket checkout

godzilla.thumb.jpg.ca870d16b2c043fb338025b97ff2955a.jpg

I told Karen that I watched Protégé the other night.  When she asked what it was about, I told her a Single Black Man takes in an orphaned Asian Girl and teaches her his trade.  She ends up in a love/hate relationship with potentially sad outcomes.

She got upset at this, "Why didn't you wait for me so we could see it together?'

"Well....the man was Samuel L Jackson, he is an assassin, and the woman becomes one too.  They both kill a lot of people and she finds the toughest challenge of her life is another assassin/bad guy, who she has some feelings for.  Y'know, I COULD watch it again if you'd REALLY like to see it...."

[silence]

• Haha 5

Horse tranc, who knew it was a thing? As far as the other thing goes,

at least the rednecks no longer have worms.

Maybe I should start a rumor about snorting drano.

I remember a guy in USMC boot camp covering his head with a towel and snorting the propellant from

underarm deorderant. Anything for a buzz!