The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

Will Smith has had several homophobic incidents in his past. Maybe he'll confront them now that it looks like Jaden is most likely gay. Chris Rock has been an asshole for decades, and has admitted to some pretty foul behavior. I can understand wanting to slap Chris Rock into another dimension, but that's a complete loss of control at the very worst time. I think it tells us a lot about his issues.

• Like 1

Yea, I don’t get the spreading the blame at all. Jada has alopecia, not stage four cancer. She’s struggled, but “became friends” with it last year. She no longer hides it and clearly going for a strong bald look now. The joke was a softball, that’s what they do at these shows, and Will initially laughed at it (rewatch). And he was protecting his wife how exactly? He probably just sabotaged both their careers. What a ridiculous mock manhood. That family, and I’m including Jaden here (I don’t know enough about Willow and should we mention the infidelities and hidden first family?), has been fucked up for a long time (while pretending to be the perfect Hollywood family). This was Will exploding. Simple as that. If that set him off what wouldn’t next time? And the speech he gave for Best Actor a few seconds later “love makes you do crazy things” sounded exactly like the justification court testimony of every boyfriend who’s killed their girlfriend.

I can’t figure out if I hope he is banned from all future award shows or they book Ricky Gervais next year with the request he only makes jokes about the Smiths. Well, maybe let him make fun of CODA too. 

EDIT: His acceptance speech is even worse than it sounded like from reports. I don't pretend to understand the pressures he feels, but Will Smith as savior is a bit much. Who's "the devil" in this speech? Vessel and Ambassador of Love? And still giving him a standing ovation? 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sounds like the Baftas were even more fun. 

Rebel Wilson made light of the fact that Smith wasn't present to collect his best actor prize when she hosted the Bafta Film Awards in London earlier this month.

"Will Smith won for King Richard, but I thought his best performance over the past year was being OK with all his wife's boyfriends," she joked from the stage, a reference to the couple's apparently open relationship. 

After an audible gasp from the crowd, the Australian comic added: "What? Come on, he didn't show up."

• Haha 1

So there's a guy named Will Smith, with Twitter handle has better namespace than the, ahem, *other* guy who shares his name.  I'm posting the link to his Twitter ...as a link, because man does the HC software embed Twitter strangely.  Will has been mistaken for his more famous namesake many times over the years.  None top the last 20 or so hours.

jfVrcs4.png

s0sN2wo.png

mvemn7q.jpg

The ginger Will has taken the whole thing in stride.  If you want to experience true brainrot, read some of the replies to his tweets.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the most important part.  Many years ago on the Giant Bombcast (when it was the best thing ever) the late, great Ryan Davis had some choice words for the ginger Will.  It was such a memorable moment, a couple GB fans animated it:

Edited by Knuckledragger

Fair waring, this is going to get a little bit gross.  Over the weekend I had the Linus Tech Tips podcast on while I was doing housecleaning (Cool story, Knuckles!  Tell it again!)  They mentioned a site that made AI generated photos of people.  Linus and Luke were both impressed with the results.  Curious, and tired of vacuuming, I investigated:

mTPXjmH.jpg

Almost normal, except for the weird artifacts in his chin.

yN5vs7J.jpg

Dude being photographed by a demon.

2LzH5zm.jpg

Nice steampunk goggles, lady!

pA9ZGDo.jpg

Dude and his buds.

1PNUZPn.jpg

Hand.

Nwx5fQD.jpg

Ma'am, you have something on your face.

7OIirRB.jpg

This is when I closed the browser tab.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Having escaped the uncanny valley that is AI generated faces, let's smooth things over with some "relaxing" music.  Black MIDI is a form of experimental music revolving around the idea of inputting insane numbers of notes into a sequence.  It's not a new idea at all, and in fact predates MIDI as a whole.  For reasons that are unclear to me, the black MIDI piece "Rush E" went viral recently:

There's a well known and highly respected YouTuber named penguinz0 AKA MoistCr1TiKaL AKA Charlie who has been neck deep in meme culture for many years now and has made quite a career out of it.  Charlie is impressive in that he's almost universally liked, which is nearly impossible on the internet.  I don't watch his content regularly, but I often find his explantations of internet happening useful when I need something "explained in Boomer speak."  He did a video on some of the drama surrounding Rush E:

I should not be surprised that people have attempted and succeeded to perform Rush E live, and then turned it into a pissing contest.

This is a decent short documentary on black MIDI and the 20th century experimental composer Conlon Nancarrow:

• Like 1