The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

On 6/3/2022 at 2:53 PM, robm321 said:

285647251_431906982083695_35460712306628

When I was a kid we had a Chinese restaurant in Anchorage named Dynasty Restaurant. The sign was lighted, but the Y was burned out. It stayed that way for years. I guess it didn't hurt their business too bad.

• Haha 2

This is a long walk for something incredibly petty.  I was logged in to my second "gaming" YouTube account, and reloaded the splash page.  YT's algorithm (more insidious than skynet) suggested the following hour long video to me:

I don't know anything about this guy nor his channel.  At first I thought it bight be some crazy revisions history BS.  It isn't.  At the 15:43 mark, the Southern guy is in the middle of arguing about Yankee states having slaves.  Screen shows this image when mentioning Connecticut:

RM3Dccy.png

*sputter*  THAT IS NOT CONNECTICUT.  That's Sunderland, MA as seen from the top of Mount Sugarloaf.  I've look down from that exact spot many times over the last 40 years and photographed it a few times as well.  Taken with a film camera using expired Kodak Portra 400 in March of 2008:

7MRIY9G.jpg

Meh HDR shot I made in 2009:

HqXrljb.jpg

Infrared shot I took in the summer of 2009 with my IR-modified PowerShot G2 and a wide angle adapter:

ku7hj9J.jpg

Look, I never said I took NORMAL shots of it.  Just that I knew the view instantly.  Obviously, I left an irate comment on that YouTube video.  I'll expect my noratized letter of apology any day now.

• Like 4