The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

Here's a reason that we've fucked the climate up. Way back a hundred million years or more, the world had a hot and tropical climate. Over tens of millions of years, trees fell, the continents shifted and buckled and locked up much of the greenhouse gasses that originally caused a hot world. Safely underground. Fossilized at coal, and gas from the products of tree decomposition.

The resulting temperate climate allowed - well us - to evolve.

So when we dig up all that locked away carbon dioxide that took a geological age to produce, and burn it in a few decades, there is little wonder that we're heating the planet up again. It ain't rocket science.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:56 AM, Craig Sawyers said:

Here's a reason that we've fucked the climate up. Way back a hundred million years or more, the world had a hot and tropical climate. Over tens of millions of years, trees fell, the continents shifted and buckled and locked up much of the greenhouse gasses that originally caused a hot world. Safely underground. Fossilized at coal, and gas from the products of tree decomposition.

The resulting temperate climate allowed - well us - to evolve.

So when we dig up all that locked away carbon dioxide that took a geological age to produce, and burn it in a few decades, there is little wonder that we're heating the planet up again. It ain't rocket science.

So...here's a mental exercise -- what if we didn't?  What if some biological weapon capped us all in the reproductive organs before the industrial age (like steampunk gone awry, where steam and mold give everyone killer allergies)?  Then all the fossil fuels could have sit unburned, and then explosively detonated like the New York City sewer system, except on a planet scale.

Then where would we be?

We'd be extinct, that's where.

• 2 weeks later...

Too fucking right Grahame. We have a morally bankrupt government here who have decided to deflect the raft of woe that they have inflicted on the UK population after 12 years in charge by adopting an inhumane policy and showcasing it.

If it was easy to find a solution to dangerously overcrowded rafts crossing the busiest shipping channel in the world - why in fucks sake have they not done it before now? Answer: political expediency.

Fuck fuck fuck them all.

• Sad 1

I'm not sure why so many people are stunned to find out that Heddy Lamarr was a genius? I guess they still have a hard time realizing a person can be both beautiful and brilliant. I'm constantly a victim of this same stereotype. 

• Haha 4
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, swt61 said:

I'm not sure why so many people are stunned to find out that Heddy Lamarr was a genius? I guess they still have a hard time realizing a person can be both beautiful and brilliant. I'm constantly a victim of this same stereotype. 

Brent has no such problems.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Not at all. It is simply that Hedy Lamarr is principally known as an actor.

The equally striking lady below is the founding CEO of Oxford Quantum Circuits, at the leading edge of product development in Quantum Computing https://oxfordquantumcircuits.com/

Ilana Wisby - Founding CEO & Director at Oxford Quantum Circuits | The Org

At the helm of a company currently with 79 staff and rising.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 8:07 PM, Craig Sawyers said:

Not at all. It is simply that Hedy Lamarr is principally known as an actor.

The equally striking lady below is the founding CEO of Oxford Quantum Circuits, at the leading edge of product development in Quantum Computing https://oxfordquantumcircuits.com/

Ilana Wisby - Founding CEO & Director at Oxford Quantum Circuits | The Org

At the helm of a company currently with 79 staff and rising.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/maria-camila-ramirez-r_women-womenintech-ai-activity-7041769368640188416-G_KS?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop