Group Buy for KG's Boards (2nd)

Lil Knight

Any predictions on when there will be another group of purchases?Why we recommend the use of AMB Sigma22 and not using the PSU Dynahi onbord in Dynahi Balanced?

dynahipower6.jpg

You may have to check with LilKnight on the boards/GBs

Most of us got the amp boards with the Krell psu (some with the old design and some with the new). You can use most ps boards really... Just need to get them to the +-15v that the square wave needs... The simple krell makes it easy with just Zener diode changes.

Hello,

I have recently purchased a pair of Stax omega 2 headphones and would like to build myself a KGSSHV amplifier.  Could you please advise me how I could obtain the appropriate circuit boards.  I'd also like some advice over the on-board or off-board model for someone who is capable but not an expert ? Fortunately my father is a retired electronics engineer and will assist in the construction and power-up.

Kind regards 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had time to finish drilling the chassis for the Squarewave. 

Here it is stacked on top of the DAC that I'm working on - waiting for a prototyping board to finish my Arduino shield, not enough pins to plug the LCD, encoder and DAC board together. Also waiting on a multichannel DSD USB interface to be released (USBPAL has been "soon" for 6 months now...) 

Eu5EkSo.jpg

Still a fairly tight fit. Wires still need to be neatened up, but everything is working right now and I'm listening to it right now. Yes, I'm still using the wrong size sinks but I'll wait for Kevin to post up proposed tweaks to the KGSSHV ps before doing another order. I googled images of the old Squarewave and I'm quite amazed how Mikhail managed to fit everything in such a tiny chassis (albeit with an external ps brick).

K5gPYBv.jpg

Edited by RiStaR

This one is more like "inspired" by the original Squarewave than a direct copy.  :)

I agree heh. While I haven't heard the original, I'd say this is improved. Considering how hot this thing can run - especially if you go crazy with the bias - I don't understand how the originals could last so long without heatsinks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lil Knight has been MIA for a while... I think a few folks have been trying to contact him.

I'd suggest trying to PM him instead of just writing into the spreadsheet. If he doesn't respond, you may need to ask Kevin for permission to do a board run yourself unfortunately?

Early November I had a PM exchange with him seeking KSA5 board set. He indicated he did have some left and I purchased one of them (pics of the build in the KSA5 thread). He does seem quite busy and PMs did take a while to get answered sometimes. Also, once shipped...it took close to 30 days to get from VN to US, so give it time. I was close to doing a run myself, but Lil Knight did come through. BTW, these are very nice boards and worth the wait.