What are you Smoothifying Now

VPI

I think you need a little more sweet fruit. A nice fuji apple always does the trick, I put an apple in just about everything.

The sriacha was a little daring. :) Ginger adds a nice spice that might be more pleasing to the palate.

Don't be afraid to put more water to make the smoothie thinner or more drinkable. I always put a fairly significant amount of water in my green smoothies so I can down them quicker. 

Thanks for the advice.  I'll pick up some apples.  I usually don't eat them raw because they are a bit boring but they are probably good in a smoothie. 

Did a little better today, more green, less brown, thinner, sweeter and smoother.   It was very good!  I love the peanut butter and bananas together!  The peanut butter cleaned up very nicely with the usual cleaning procedure (although I didn't use much and tried to keep it from touching the container before blending.  

1 banana

4 strawberries

1 leaf of kale

scoop of peanut butter

Rice milk

IMG_20130716_120415-L.jpg

IMG_20130716_120538-XL.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats, Colin.

My smoothie this morning was a variation of the same thing I make every morning (got branch out soon):

1/2 gala apple

two giant handfuls kale

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

a bit of water, guessing about a cup

Shelly, your first smoothie sounded and looked disgusting.  :)

Post ride Smoothie

i-gRGc5xk-XL.jpg

Kale

Whole Peach

1/4 Cucumber

3 Strawberries

Almond Milk

Spectrum Decadent Blend Chia, Flax, Coconut and Cocoa mix.

Good, but it needs more mix I think to cover some of the dirt flavor from the Kale.

I have had a breakthrough.  The best way to cover up the dirt flavor of the Kale is to use little to no Kale.  Real cutting edge stuff here.

Apple

Strawberries 

Bunch of Ice

Almond Milk

Small Handful of Kale

Chia / Flax mix

Pretty damn good.

i-gvXcXwR-XL.jpg

• Like 1

todays smoothie

one banana

1/2 bag of frozen berry mix from whole foods

1 piece turmeric 

1 piece ginger

1 scoop garden of life detoxifiber mix 

1 scoop organic whey powder

6 or so destemmed kale leaves

ice and water 

tasty and pretty healthy ,estimated 230 calories with the fiber mix it will keep you filled up far longer 

I made the worst smoothy ever (trying to create a V8 like drink):

2 small tomatoes

1 celery stalk

1 leaf of kale

1 carrot

Sriracha sauce

Worsteshire sauce

some water

Talk about gagging, I had to dump most of it. I guess that it why they put a whole lot of salt in V8 and a much larger ratio of tomatoes to the other stuff.

I'll stick with the sweetish smoothies for now.

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

I made the worst smoothy ever (trying to create a V8 like drink):

2 small tomatoes

1 celery stalk

1 leaf of kale

1 carrot

Sriracha sauce

Worsteshire sauce

some water

Talk about gagging, I had to dump most of it. I guess that it why they put a whole lot of salt in V8 and a much larger ratio of tomatoes to the other stuff.

I'll stick with the sweetish smoothies for now.

Shelly, that might have been a decent soup.  Use some chicken, beef or veg. broth instead of the water.

Plum Very ripe banana Pear Pink lady apple Lacinato kale Spinach Rice milk Good attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1374600877464.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1374600903725.jpg

sounds awesome! 

kale is so awesome, and we use it frequently in smoothies, but it definitely has a distinctive earthy/dirt taste. spinach is so much milder, I can put multiple handfuls of spinach in a smoothie and barely taste it at all.

I like earthy so no problem here.  By the way, has anyone tried arugula in smoothies.   I love arugula but the flavor is very strong a bitter so I am afraid it may not go so well in smoothies.  

Still haven't tried beets or avocados in my smoothies but want to.  Have any good recipes for these? 

I am also debating whether I should get some protein powder to put in mine. 

Edited by shellylh

:(

I asked Melody if we'd tried Arugula, and she said we did without good results. But, that was back in the early days of our VItamix before we developed a tolerance to greens.

I say wild and crazy go nuts, go for it. Worse case scenario you'll be having a fancy salad with the leftovers. :)