What are you Smoothifying Now

VPI

I found out that arugula is not much better for you than iceberg lettuce so I am going to stick with kale and spinach. 

Tried beets in the smoothy today.  I liked it quite a bit but hubby was not so fond.  I only used 1/2 a large beet (peeled) but did put kale in it too.  It was very earthy. 

1/2 large beet (peeled)

1/2 Pink Lady apple

1 plum

5 strawberries

3 leaves of lacinato kale

1 frozen banana

almond milk

i-fXcmskq-XL.jpg

i-VRgjcv4-XL.jpg

Edited by shellylh

I would think a nice Vanilla flavored protein powder would go a long way in helping your husband better enjoy your dirt flavored drinks Shelly.  >:D

The stuff I use has a strong flavor that covers up the Kale flavor pretty well.

I use some sort of Cytosport Whey Protein in Vanilla Bean.  Makes for a frothier smoothie but the flavor is pretty good.  Evidently it has some magic ingredient to make it blend better in a smoothie according to the label on the giant bag.

I now have my tomato tortilla with chicken soup down to a science.  Made the best batch yet, yesterday.  Sometimes I find the soups to be thicker than I like.  I added a bit more chicken broth and it came out just right.  I also added a bit of tomato paste which I think enhance the flavor.  I also used more chicken breast which gives it a nice texture.

20130724_131939.jpg

I never would have imagined I'd be posting in this thread, but...

f2T7QOk.jpg

Last week I bought several bags of the above.  They were marked down to $STUPIDCHEAP and I was feeling rather ADD.

After a visit from my sainted mother, I now know where my blender was hiding.  End result:

7CAUv5M.jpg

Not horrific.

Green dinner*

post-1008-13752326337626_thumb.jpg

*Well, I said I would never have a smoothie for dinner but I caved.  I guess I can consider it dessert though. 

I bought some chia seeds this weekend, soaked them in water and put them in the smoothy.  I only did 1 tbsp (for 2 people) but I wanted to slowly add it in.   I am very excited about the chia seeds.  I think I'll add some to my cereal tomorrow morning. 

This smoothie was great!

1 mango

1 peach

1 banana

spinach

kale

1 tbsp soaked chia seeds

almond milk

Edited by shellylh

After gym workout and copying Colin a bit.  Mine isn't quite as green though.  

1 banana

3 handfuls of spinach

1 scoop of peanut butter

1 tsp Chia seeds

almond milk

This is fantastic!  So much banana and peanut buttery goodness. 

i-bvtVtRk-XL.jpg

Other comments: 

I've decided to stay away from protein powders since I am trying to cut down on processed foods (bacon doesn't count though). 

I don't seem to need to pre soak the chia seeds since the Vitamix blends them up pretty well.  

Edited by shellylh

I am house-sitting for some friends while they attend a 10 day Zen silent retreat.

They have a Vitamix and a huge organic garden.

It took me a couple tries and some internet searches but I think I have it down now.

Last night:

green grapes

banana

kale

beet greens

spinach

almond milk

ice

It was really good. I need to get me a Vitamix. They had them at Costco for 3 hundred something a few weeks ago...