What are you Smoothifying Now

VPI

This thread died.

Bringing it back by reporting on my concoction of frozen strawberries and pitted cherries, chocolate almond milk, almond butter, chia seeds, whole fat organic yogurt, and water. It's not nearly as sweet as the usual smoothies I make, which is good. But I should have used a few ounces less water because it's pretty thin.

I seriously love almond butter and chia seeds in smoothies though. Good stuff.

Trying to cleanse after this weekend's alcohol deep dive? :)

• Like 1

Post-workout: frozen blueberries and cherries, chocolate almond milk, just a touch of vanilla almond milk, almond butter, medjool dates, whole fat organic yogurt, and water.

Need to cut the dates into much smaller pieces. The blender was not happy.

Got a Ninja Professional blender for the office so hopefully will be more participative in this thread.  I have been doing a lot of smoothies at home, but they have been boring so never bothered posting.  Hopefully people will bring in some interesting stuff for our office Smoothie Bar.

• Like 1

Not as strong, will not make soup, but I find for smoothies it is actually better as the blades go all the way up the pitcher.

I actually bought a Vitamix for the office but ended up dedicating it to the bar at the house so bought this as fill in.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

lel, anyone remember this thread?

vkt4k6G.jpg

Quarantine fever caused me to dig out my blender and various powders.  I put two kinds of organic, tree hugging protein etc powers as well as what ice I had in the freezer and ...tap water (I have not had milk in the house in nearly a month now) in my mid 1980s blender (built like a brick scheisshaus) and buzzed away at until I had something decent.  The flavor is not out of this world, but the consistently is spot on.  

• 5 weeks later...

Oh boy.  I've been deathly ill for the last day+ because of a smoothie I made yesterday:

nex4L8x.jpg

Look innocent enough, doesn't it?  I used organic protein powder, ice and milk now that I have some back in the house.  I also added a small amount of Almased, which is some hippie powder I got a local shop ages ago.  I used this stuff before and it has upset my stomach, especially if I use too much or eat it too late at night.  Well, yesterday I had a small amount in the middle of the day.  I started feeling bad around 8PM and by midnight I was praying for death.  I slept last night fitfully and didn't get out of bed for most of the day.  I did manage to eat a bowl of oatmeal today, but not much else.  I'm still feeling week and have residual headache.  

GkZRyUk.jpg

Needless to say, I took the remainder of the container and dumped in my back yard.  Blegh.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

I don't think that smoothie looks innocent at all - it looks like it came straight from a nuclear clean up operation. I tried to find a suitable emoji and failed.

Oh wait a minute emoticons GIF

Seriously Knucks - I'm really sorry you had such a bad a bad and scary day. It really must have come very close to food poisoning - or maybe it was just that.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Man, bananas do NOT keep in this heat.  I bought a bunch earlier this week and they were already barely edible.  I threw three of them into my blender along with some ice and (non biohazard) protein powder left over from the above:

PXJcPZj.jpg

The end result was not bad.  The truth is 3 bananas (especially squishy ones) blend down in to remarkably little volume.