Previously unavailable DLC for GRID available for free.

Knuckledragger

Thanks to the efforts of a redditor, some previously console-exclusive DLC for GRID is now available via P2P.  It adds 20 new cars and a new track to the game.

The story is, someone found out that the 2 DLC packs for GRID 1 that was available for consoles was actually released on the mac version. So, he dug up all the DLCs specific files from the Mac build and put it into the Windows build so that you can also play using the DLC content where you get following content in your game:

'8 Ball' DLC Pack Cars:
• McLaren F1 GTR • TVR Cerbera Speed 12 • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X • Honda S2000 • Nissan GT-R GT500 • VW Nardo • Pontiac Firebird Trans AM • Volvo C30
Prestige Pack Cars and Track:
Track: Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, Australia.
Cars: • Lamborghini Gallardo GT • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 • Mazda Furai • Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 • Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) • Lotus 2-Eleven • Bugatti Veyron • Jaguar XKR GT3 • Ferrari F430 GTC • Ferrari F575 GTC
The only downside of the DLC is, you cant use those cars in the career which is a waste.

The files are also available here and here.

I liked the original GRID but grew tired of it pretty fast. The driving model was a nice balance between arcade and simulation (and could be tweaked to either side), however I found the game to be very unfriendly to keyboard controls. Especially when you switch off throttle assists, thus when you accelerate it always registers either 0 or floor.

I actually very much preferred Dirt 3 as it featured more interesting tracks that combine multi terrain racing. Also the gravel made me "taste" the driving model a bit more.