Custom IEMs

laxx

Spoke with my CIO about using my productivity budget on a pair of custom IEMs and it seems like it's going to get approved. What's the current consensus on which one is preferred here?

I like the ER-4 sound sig. I greatly preferred my im716's over my Triple-Fi 10's. But they broke so I'm stuck using the TF10's.

As for budget, as long as it's under $1,500. 

while I am a bit of a fan of the JH line the 16s may have too large a bass hump for you if you prefer the ety signature. They are fast like the etys and the bass does not obscure the miss and highs like the UE universals I have heard. In the end the bass quantity of the 16s may throw you the 13s have a mid bass hump but it is less pronounced  and may fir the bill here. 

I have the JH13 and don't feel like I need any more bass (I also like the Etys though). I would get them over the JH16 if I were buying now. I doubt there are any other custom IEMs out there that compete.

I think the Westone ES5 does well. The JH13 is more exciting, and is more coherent (better imaging) but the ES5 is more neutral...though a tad rolled-off up top. Both are really good IMHO.

I think the Westone ES5 does well. The JH13 is more exciting, and is more coherent (better imaging) but the ES5 is more neutral...though a tad rolled-off up top. Both are really good IMHO.

I like mine though I don't listen to them very often.  They were quite the value IEM for me. :laugh: