The Schiit Audio Version Of A Leather Company

roadtonowhere08

Alright, so my short backstory:

I was in the market for a new, not terribly expensive wallet when I turned first to Amazon, my default search site for stuff.  Nothing really caught my eye, especially when price was factored in, so I did a google search for a top quality leather wallet.  In a forum I saw a suggestion for a website called 

saddlebackleather.com

I checked the place out and immediately saw their tagline "They'll fight over it when you're dead."  Oh, humor, I like that.  So I went wandering around the site just to see policies, FAQ, and all that.  Needless to say, the owner has quite a story, and his approach to customer service is funny as hell.  Just read the Questions page.

Needless to say, I am not well versed in leather wallets, but this guy has a sale in me... if nothing more than the warranty and the laughs.  I assume the company is more famous for bags, luggage, and briefcases, but those are some good looking wallets.

Not shilling or anything, but if you want a laugh, check the place out.

Thanks for the link, just had a few laughs reading through his questions. Looks like great products, I don't have any need for any of them now, but I'll definitely remember this site in the future. My wallets always fall apart after a year or so, but I just bought a new one. When this one wears out I think I'll return to this guy.

Got my wallet a few days ago.  It was a large coffee bifold version.  Damn this thing is nice.  A bit tight with 2 credit cards (or such) in each pocket, but it loosened up nicely.  This will definitely last me a long time.  My keys scuffed up the finish a tiny bit, but better that than mess up my phone in my other pocket.

I've needed a new wallet for a while but everytime I look on amazon I don't find one I think is worth buying.  I was gonna wait until I went to rural Mexico again to buy a nice leather wallet, but this is exactly what I've been looking for.  Thanks!  I'm getting the medium bi-fold in tobacco brown when it's back in stock.

I want one of their Leather ID wallets but after getting the Dopp Regatta 88 front pocket wallet last week I can't really justify it as this one works great and I already own it. I know head case isn't about justifying anything and I'm till thinking about it.

On a separate note having a compact and non-pain inducing wallet is awesome.

I have a Tumi trifold that's in perfect condition after at least fifteen years of use. It's great, but it's an inch and a half thick after I unloaded a bunch of old receipts and crap.

I saw an ad for these people in the New York Times:

http://bellroy.com/wallets/note-sleeve-wallet

The thin/minimal thing intrigued sufficiently that I bought a $7 knock-off to experiment with.  The knock-off really doesn't cut it, but hopefully it will hold together long enough to see if I can manage some minimalism. I've gotta say the lack of bulk is nice.

Edited by CarlSeibert

• 3 months later...

Except there is more than just outright durability to consider with something you carry in your pocket.  The Ghurkas look huge!  I will probably get around to commissioning something in kangaroo this year, but for now I am satisfied with my big skinny, which, fully loaded, is about the same thickness as my cell phone.

100 bucks is not that bad, but as long as the wallet holds together and organizes everything the way you want it, the less paid the better.  It is going to get beat to hell, so I could care less about absolute fit and finish.  The wallet I got is damn thick full grain leather,and the stitching is outstanding.  I am happy.  Jacob, you are, from what I can see, a great cook, so the cookware and chef knives splurge is/are well warranted, but a wallet?  Maybe if you are a hell of a saver  :laugh:

Edited by roadtonowhere08