RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

RIP Yusef Lateef. Wonderful musician. I'll be playing later his Eastern Sounds, one of my favorite jazz albums. I wish there's some sort of wonderful place for people who have brought beauty and some happiness to others in this otherwise pretty fucked up world. Maybe that's just resting in peace.

• Like 1

RIP Yusef Lateef. Wonderful musician. I'll be playing later his Eastern Sounds, one of my favorite jazz albums. I wish there's some sort of wonderful place for people who have brought beauty and some happiness to others in this otherwise pretty fucked up world. Maybe that's just resting in peace.

I hadn't seen this until now. :( Another great I am so happy I was able to see perform, and in Grace Cathedral no less. RIP Yusef, but shake the place up a bit as per your usual.

NP:

a2a3u4yg.jpg

I'll file this under 'another' - the last 303 Blockbuster stores today. In between the original owner censorship early and missed streaming opportunities late many may cheer the death of a chain that put a lot of great urban indie vid stores out of business. But like a few other chains it for a while was a possible window to the outside for a lot of smaller places in America. I've lived in the middle of nowhere and Blockbuster was often the only option for many indie and foreign films. I bitched and wanted it to be more, but in the end the list of films discovered there is long.

• Like 1

^ Didn't know the Fantasy Records connection.

RIP John Dobson.

You helped me build a telescope and your followers were always great to see at 9th and Irving. Plus that whole revolutionizing amateur astronomy thing.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/home/John-Dobson-1915ndash2014-240456881.html

http://www.sidewalkastronomers.us/id32.html

We met John Dobson while camping at Crater Lake.  I have a Dobson mounted telescope too.  He had an interesting life.

Also, Russell Johnson, the Professor from Gilligan's island died Thursday.

Also, Roger Lloyd Pack, a UK actor was in Doctor Who, Only Fools and Horses and Vicar of  Dibley.

Not a  good day so far.

Conductor Claudio Abbado, 80, passed away yesterday. I believe my favorite Mahler 2 recording was by him, with the CSO, from the late '80s. Sometimes I think the CSO made a mistake hiring Barenboim instead of Abbado, but I suppose Barenboim left some good influences also.

RIP