RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

• 2 weeks later...

RIP to my sister-in-law Carol.....a wonderful, silly, generous, smart, sometimes neurotic woman who loved her family, especially her two kids, more than I thought humanly possible.  Had been having epileptic seizures off and on, meds weren't fully helping; usually seizures in sets of two when they came.  She and my brother were in Florida visiting my older nephew.  Apparently last night she had two seizures but then a third, went back to bed after, and never woke up.  I'm going to miss you horribly....may your love shine down from heaven.

Carol and Scott.jpg

• Sad 9

3 hours ago, Wmcmanus said:

You're about four years and a couple of days late with that one.

"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

Edited by Kattefjaes

8 hours ago, Kattefjaes said:

You're about four years and a couple of days late with that one.

"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

I'll try to keep that in mind for the next time he dies. Poor bastard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's almost like Dave Swarbrick ("Swarb") who was one of the founders of Fairport Convention, and a folk fiddler who's style has been copied ever since. We saw him shortly before he died for the second time in 2016.

He basically had smoked so much that he contracted emphysema, and ended up performing with an oxygen cylinder next to him and a mask from which he'd take relief from time to time.

Anyway, in 1999 he was admitted to hospital in pretty poor shape, and The Daily Telegraph published his obituary. He subsequently recovered, and used to read out the obituary at concerts!

The folk community then held benefit concerts called "Swarb-aid" and "Swarb-aid 2" to raise money for a double lung transplant, which went ahead in 2004. That bought him 12 more years, and continuing wall to wall concerts.

So yes - Swarb died twice, and is one of the few people to have had two obituaries separated by 17 years.

• Like 4