RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

That movie and the entire story he brought to the world are amazing.  36 is way too young to go.  RIP Malik

Totally agree.  First of all, 36 is just a horrific age to die.  So much left to do and see and experience.  Sad.  But if he had to choose just one project to do first, I can't imagine he could have chosen a better one.  Fantastic story, awesome music, and amazingly well constructed documentary.  RIP.  Wow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maya Angelou RIP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/arts/maya-angelou-lyrical-witness-of-the-jim-crow-south-dies-at-86.html?_r=0

"But to grow up costs the earth, the earth. It means you take responsibility for the time you take up, for the space you occupy. It’s serious business. And you find out what it costs us to love and to lose, to dare and to fail. And maybe even more, to succeed."

http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/2279/the-art-of-fiction-no-119-maya-angelou

I have lost two friends in the past few weeks..

5/24/14 - Evert Kramer (no relation) - complications from a stroke at age 74.  An old grouse hunting friend.  Made Rush Limbaugh look like a flaming liberal.  Since I lean to the liberal pov you can imagine the conversations we had.

6/9/14 - Edward Zobel - natural causes at age 92.  Ed had been my oldest livng friend.  He was proud to be a contrarian.  Entertaining to listen to each of us take a position opposite each other just for the fun of it.  I learned a great deal about being a man and a father from Ed.

I miss Evert but Ed left a hole in my heart.  Rest in peace my friends.