RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

I don't have any great regard for him, but it is sad that Casey's last days were spent being secreted away from his children by his current wife. Weird stories including court orders and the wife flinging meat at the daughter...

Keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars. RIP CK

I had no idea of his voice work...

Chief among his performances was that of of "Shaggy" in the Scooby-Doo franchise from 1969 to 1997, and again from 2002 until 2009. Kasem had done numerous voices for Sesame Street; provided the voice of Peter Cottontail in the Rankin/Bass' Here Comes Peter Cottontail; provided the voices of Robin on Super Friends, Alex in Josie and The Pussycats; Mark of Battle of the Planets, and a number of characters for the Transformers cartoon series of the 1980s. Most recently he did the voice of Shaggy's father in the 2010 TV series, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.

This.  RIP Tony, and indeed fuck cancer!

Ya, no kidding.  His was rough, too.  Mouth cancer from the chewing tobacco.  Fucking hate cancer.  

As for Tony, he was incredible, and he never got too excited.  You just couldn't strike him out.  Best contact hitter I've ever seen.  Better than Rod Carew, better than Boggs, Ichiro, any of them really.