RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

RIP Richard, you were awesome.  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/richard-kiel-dead-bond-villain-and-jaws-actor-passes-away-aged-74-9725322.html

The bit at the end about how he went to lots of Bond-related events in his later years... makes me wonder if guys like Richard Kiel made enough money during their brief careers to live off of residuals, etc.  I suppose he got appearance fees or was paid for photos and autographs.

Just a slight correction.  His name is Richard Kiel.

Yeah, I have no idea where that came from,  brain fart.  I had just copied the picture and the link, so I typed the text by hand.  So I misspelled it after literally looking at it on one page and typing it on another, in about as much time as it took to read that.  :palm: @ self

Jaws was his best know role but I always enjoyed seeing him here and there on shows in the 60's.

I really took notice of him as Dr. Loveless's henchman.

When I was checking out his Wiki page, I saw that there was a time when he worked as a night school math teacher (63-65).

Man, would that have been a shock or what!

RIP Dick

Edited by ironbut

Seeing that picture from his later years reminds me that I sat at a table next to Mr. Kiel at Aqua Restaurant (also RIP) in SF.  He was with an exceptionally short and petite blond woman and somebody who might have been interviewing him or at least entertaining him.  He really was a giant of a man and it was something to behold when he unfolded himself and stood up to leave.

• 3 weeks later...

RIP to Ronald Schultz, my uncle.  Lived a simple and decent life in Willingboro NJ; a father, teacher, theater performer and director, and even screen actor.  And just one of the warmest and most wonderful people I'd ever met.

He played the Hebrew School teacher in the movie A Serious Man.

And had some parts in other movies as well.  

RIP Uncle Ronnie!  Will miss your smile, your laugh, your hugs, and that huge nose of yours!