RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Bugger, bugger, bugger - two massive losses within a few days.  Both at 69, both from cancer.

Remember Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham?  "When we get him I'll cut out his heart with a spoon"  "Why with a spoon?" "Because it will hurt more!"

One of the best interviews with Bowie, by Johnathon Ross - Bowie, at that time 55 and looking great and relaxed, with a whole bunch of music.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I would say it was a very bad week.

http://www.winkelfuneralhome.com/william-s-wyant/

RIP dad.

And yeah, FUCK CANCER. :(

Very sad news. I'm sorry to learn of your loss. It's been nearly 9 years since I lost my dad (to cancer as well) and in some ways, it feels like it was just yesterday. He will no doubt stay with you in the memories that you carry in your heart. May he rest in peace. Semper Fi, and much respect for his service.

Just wanted to mention (since I was the one who started this thread way back when), that the "some fuck or another" in the thread title wasn't meant to be disrespectful at all. If you go back to read my opening post, you'll see the context and intent, and that it's really about acknowledging the contributions that many people in society have made to our lives, whether we knew them personally or not. With parents and other close family members and friends who we've recently lost, it's each person's call whether you think this is the right place, or you would prefer to have a dedicated thread. In any case, I think that is probably worth repeating every now and then since this has become such a long thread.

But ya... fuck cancer, indeed.

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 2