RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

17 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

RIP Arnold Palmer - one of the all-timeĀ greats of golf. But at least 87 is not a bad round.

You got that right. A great man, and all sports stars really have him to thank for their obscene paychecks and opportunities. I remember my dad always liked him, disliked Nicklaus (because of Nicklaus beating him regularly) and liked Tom Watson, probably because of Watson beating Nicklaus.

I ran into him in the parking lot at the Ameritech Senior Open back in the '90s (with my dad) and recall how personable and approachable he was. RIP.

RIP to the King of Thailand.

Anyone who has ever been to Thailand or even eaten at a Thai restaurant (every one I've ever been to has hung his portrait) knows how much the Thai people loved their king.

He was a modern, progressive, stabilizing force.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/world/asia/thai-king-bhumibol-adulyadej-dies.html

• Like 3

Great article!Ā  I remember a college acquaintance who lived near me in our dorm, he was from Thailand.Ā  He had a picture of Bhumibol in his room, and indeed had glowing praise.Ā  He went on to a mid-to-high level position in one of the bigger banks there, and credited the King with a "tempered modernization" that people seemed to love.

RIP to the King.Ā  And wishing for a peaceful and good transition for Thailand.

• Like 2