RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

49 shot dead in Mosque shootings in Christchurch New Zealand. One of the shooters, and Australian ultra-right fucker posted live video.

The NZ police arrested four of them. There was also a car bomb that was defused successfully.

Christchurch. New Zealand. Nowhere on God's green earth is safe. Fuck.

RIP the 49

• Sad 8

RIP Colleen Sewing, another high school classmate of mine to go. Fought various cancer all over her body, including her brain, for almost two years. Left behind a husband and 2 year old... was only 29. 

She was the kind of person you may not be connected with anymore but you stay linked on social media because her life was positive energy and you felt good that things were good for her. 

Shit is fucked up. 

• Sad 13

Nah, don't mind at all, Al. Thanks Nate. 

If you go back to the very first post, you'll see why I gave it that name and the reservations that I had about it even then... little did I know that it would survive for so many years and become part of the fabric here. It's a great thread in the sense that it allows everyone to bring attention to notable individuals whose lives have been impactful in one way or another. But it was really meant for mostly for famous people who we don't have close personal connections to. Have to admit that it has creeped me out on more than one occasion for the very reason you mentioned, Al. Much better now.

Reserve the right to call someone a fuck when they really were a fuck though... Charles Manson comes to mind in the not too distant past.

• Like 4