RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Oh wow. For some reason Blade Runner (so much better than Philip K Dick's book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep on which it was based) seems so damned recent - but it was 1982, when Hauer was 38 and Harrison Ford was 40. Such an iconic movie. I shall watch The Director's Cut tomorrow to honour Hauer's passing.

Damn. 75 is too damned early to go. RIP Rutger.

Odd fact - the director was Ridley Scott, who was born and brought up not far from where I was born and brought up in the North East of England. The heavy industrial landscape with flames belching from chemical and steel works lighting the night sky when he was a child found their way into the opening sequence of Blade Runner.

• Like 7

Loved his work.

The scene of Dylan and Donovan playing to friends in the hotel room is one of my favorite documentary moments ever. Donovan wows the crowd with “To Sing for You” only to get completely blown out of the water by Dylan who follows with “Its All Over Now, Baby Blue.”

I went to see him with his string quartet at the Holywell Music Room in Oxford https://www.music.ox.ac.uk/about/facilities/holywell-music-room/ about 20 years ago, It was a very good concert as I remember it. This is one of his pieces 

Just worked out that he was in his early 30's when he composed the iconic Morse theme.

It was a real shock that he has died, and so early. RIP Barrington.

• 2 weeks later...