RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

RIP,  Steve Cash, one of the founders of the long forgotten (by most people) Ozark Mountain Daredevils, which was always one of my guilty pleasure bands from high school onward. For whatever reasons, certain music just grabs you, even if nobody else is really into it. I just always loved their sound and the fact that they were a bunch of rednecks from Missouri having fun touring around together. Didn't make a lot of money, barely enough to keep playing, but that's all they cared about.

The pic below is a screen shot from the band's Facebook feed. I've just Googled it, and his death is not even in the news yet. Don't suppose it will make a big splash even when it does get there, but his music meant a lot to me and they won't be as good without him.

About Steve: https://www.theozarkmountaindaredevils.com/member-2

One of his songs that seems to fit the occasion: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 3.46.26 PM.png

Edited by Wmcmanus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post this here because it seems appropriate.  Cassius Winston is the All American point guard for the MSU Spartans.  His brother Zachary stepped in front of a train (intentionally) on Saturday night.  I am deeply moved by Cassius's instagram post.  This young man gets it.  Every day we talk to someone who is hurting, fighting for life, facing demons.  Treat others well.  You may be all that stand between them and death.

Cassius Winston pens emotional message to brother

Updated 1:28 PM;Today 11:39 AM 
College basketball: Michigan State vs. Binghamton

AP

Michigan State's Cassius Winston, center, stands with teammates during a moment of silence in honor of Winston's younger brother, Zachary, before the team's NCAA college basketball game against Binghamton, Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019, in East Lansing, Mich. Michigan State won 100-47. (AP Photo/Al Goldis)

shares

Cassius Winston stayed silent on Sunday night as he played for Michigan State less than 24 hours after the death of his younger brother.

In the hours after the game, he took to Instagram to post an emotional message to his brother, Zachary, who was struck and killed by a train in Albion on Saturday. Police say they believe he intentionally walked in front of the train.

Here's Winston's message to his brother in full, marking his first public comments on the situation:

Ima put this on here cause I need you to read it, and I feel like this the best way for it to get to you. I love you bro, w everything I have in my entire body. I love you so much, if I could carry yo pain I would wear it on my shoulders just to see you happy and wouldn’t think twice. I understand it was to much, I understand I really do and yo story won’t end here. I can promise you that, the next time I run into someone in your situation ima save them, cause that’s wha you would want me to do. I wish it was a term that goes deeper then brother, cause that’s what’s you are to me, 1/3 of my heart. And I’m struggling because there is nothing that can replace that Smoothie. I need you, I miss you. But I’m so proud of you, bro you fought every demon w everything you had in you. You went to war w yourself every single day not knowing if you could win that battle. And you won time after time. You stood tall and you let your family love you, you gave me everything I asked for, just one day you didn’t have enough strength. And that’s ok man, that’s really ok, ppl can’t go through wha you went through, you are the strongest, wisest, kindest, most caring person. The best brother/ gang member I could ever ask for. And I wouldn’t replace you or change any single thing about you. Not one. I don’t like doing these cause I feel like they for show, but I need to you to read this Smoothie and I need you to know, that I love you and I care for you. And the only reason I can sit here and still stand is because I know you not in no more pain. The only reason I’m still standing. After that bro we really got beef, and when I see you again I’m beating yo ass. Cause it’s no way you got me out here trying to adjust to life w out you bro. This shit so deep bro we suppose to see all this out together. But we’ll have that convo the next time I see you Smoothie Bean. Rest up my baby and keep watching over us, save me a seat. And when it’s all said and done ima have so much to tell you. You gone already know but ima tell you anyway. Love you Gang member? wish your story coulda had a diff ending, it’s ok tho enjoy it up there. Ima see you soon enough #LuvSmoothie?

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...