RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Not a celebrity, but a great guy and unique character.  I worked with Dan B for 3-4 years, he was a Project Manager in IT.  Bright, outgoing, almost always a positive attitude but had a sarcasm streak a mile wide in smaller/more comfortable groups.  I often use the Dr. Evil saying "How about NO, you crazy Dutch bastard) in reply to someone asking for something they won't get....that practice started with Dan when he embarrassingly asked me (on behalf of the business users) if we could change what we just worked on for almost 6 months so they could do it another way.  I showed him that video clip, and we had a great laugh....

A bunch of us from that company (the survivors as we call ourselves) keep in touch via regular gatherings and now Zoom calls.  Dan would always gently bow out (he was farther away, and often very busy).

The first picture below is from a long-term friend, and the later one is more how I knew him.  Not sure of cause yet....but still too young!!

RIP Dan, another one of the good guys gone....

Dan B younger days.jpg

Dan B older.jpg

• Sad 10

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/police-ukraine-investigate-death-us-embassy-employee-73358211

Wife of a colleague in neighboring Ukraine passed away, today.  Authorities are simultaneously investigating murder and accidental death due to a collision with a train.  Either is heartbreaking.

State is a big organization, and anytime someone connected to the embassy dies it makes the news.  I did not know the woman who passed or her family, but she had four children.  Terrible news.

Edited by Sherwood
  • Sad 11